Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:03:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: What a Cowboy - Hog Thief Bend. Update by Snappers 22.04.24  (Read 15668 times)

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Re: What a Cowboy - Judgement Day at Hogs Thief Bend. Part 2
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2024, 07:36:15 PM »
Now, obviously I have to take exception to this spurious statement. Snapcase himself, has done nothing to instigate this vendetta....

Um, methinks thou dost protest too much.... :o

As for the story, I hope the climax to this particular action is worth the wait we must all endure.  I'm sure it will be given the past practices of those involved.   :D

"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2024, 11:07:30 PM »
Um, methinks thou dost protest too much.... :o

As for the story, I hope the climax to this particular action is worth the wait we must all endure.  I'm sure it will be given the past practices of those involved.   :D

So far, the climax (ongoing) has been less climactic than was hoped for but we persevere.

Doug

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2024, 05:22:33 PM »
Consider my interest piqued!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2024, 02:24:07 AM »
I do, sincerely, hope that the delay in the story wrap-up is not for any untoward reasons considering the folks involved and that everyone is doing okay! 

Interest in the conclusion is still out here.  Though understanding if there is solid reason for delay.

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2024, 08:00:24 AM »
The game is still ongoing, but our weekly sessions have been interrupted by participants having the damned audacity to take holidays away. All leave should have been cancelled until the conclusion is reached! However, the end report will appear at some point!

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2024, 06:22:04 PM »
Holidays, eh?  I can relate - I will be on holi..., er, I mean vacation, the last 2 weeks of this month.  My contributions to the LAF, however meaningless, will be in short supply during that timeframe...   

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2024, 12:29:16 AM »
Holidays, eh?  I can relate - I will be on holi..., er, I mean vacation, the last 2 weeks of this month.  My contributions to the LAF, however meaningless, will be in short supply during that timeframe...   

That's very slack of you Cptn Jim, if you don't mind me saying so. Do they not have internet in the place you are vacationing? If not maybe you should encourage Mrs Cptn Jim to vacation somewhere more civilized.

The Mad Lord failed to mention that his holiday, travelling from the softy south of the country to the hard gritty north involved a 3 night, 2 day stop over at Vagabond Manor.
He was entertained by his nom de plume, Sir Verney Snapcase refusing to come out of hiding as his men received a good hiding. Followed by Mad Wullie Snapcase being beaten over the head by the baby eating Bishop of Bath and Wells.
There was a final trial sortie into a paleolithic world of hairy men and even hairier women in which Douggers and I crossed spears and stone axes as Snappers took a back seat, umpiring the game before we eventually played chicken with a terror bird.
I'm sure you will be pleased to learn that my sun tanned, Frank Zappa inspired, Valley Girls, enjoyed barbecued Terror Bird drum sticks as they mourned the tribal dead.
I'm still trying to sort through the myriad photographs to see if there's something useable to illustrate these sorry tales.

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2024, 10:52:19 AM »
I have to say that it was a rare privilege to sojourn at the country seat of the Vagabonds. Many thanks to you and Mrs. Vagabond for the delightful hospitality. A superb two days gaming in excellent company and surroundings. Definitely in the true tradition of the Gentlemen of Much-Piddling.

You seem to have omitted one of our games, though? Would you like to comment on the result of the 'Fury of Dracula' game, at all?

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2024, 02:57:20 PM »
Although I was hoping for news from the wild, wild west, consider myself highly interested in this most promising subject as well! I look forward to be shown gazillions of delicate photographies of those hairy and hairier things which were going on in times before mankind managed to pronounce vocals:

There was a final trial sortie into a paleolithic world of hairy men and even hairier women ...
I'm sure you will be pleased to learn that my sun tanned, Frank Zappa inspired, Valley Girls, enjoyed barbecued Terror Bird drum sticks as they mourned the tribal dead.
I'm still trying to sort through the myriad photographs to see if there's something useable to illustrate these sorry tales.

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2024, 07:04:53 PM »
That's very slack of you Cptn Jim, if you don't mind me saying so. Do they not have internet in the place you are vacationing? If not maybe you should encourage Mrs Cptn Jim to vacation somewhere more civilized.

They do indeed have internet in south Florida.  That, my good man, is not the issue.  Time, you see, may be the primary obstacle to reviewing the LAF and posting anything.  Between the golfing, cigar smoking, and bourbon consumption with a couple friends that will in all probability transpire the first few days of my trip (Higher HQ is not accompanying me on this particular sojourn), and the gaming, goofing off, cigar smoking, and bourbon consumption that should take place during the last week with me younger brother, I may not have sufficient time to fully participate in LAF-related activities.  But fear not, should an absence of mine occur, it will most assuredly be temporary in its duration...as a well-know, Austrian-born, M47 crewin', American action star, and former Governor of California once said, I'll be back... :D 

In the meantime, carry on!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 02:32:44 AM by CapnJim »

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2024, 01:44:03 PM »
It’s obvious that most of the gunslingers in this town have recently read chapter 3 of "How to Conduct a Wild West Feud" written by a dude who has never been further West than Wilmington, Delaware. Chapter 3 advises the early occupation of an upper floor or maybe a roof, preferably in either a newspaper office (you may become a local legend quickly) or a saloon (you can get a drink).. Below is a helpful photo which illustrates the Chapter 3 problem. Red arrows are all on a roof; blue arrows are tucked away in a building.

So, of the eight participants in this frenzied shootout, only Granville (for it is he) is out on the streets. And he has just left the cover of an undertaker’s cart and is scuttling to take cover behind a huge locomotive

Oh hello….! The Man With No Name (TMWNN) has appeared on the street. Is he seeking the enemy or hoping to engage those two ladies in conversation?

For a while (it seems like an eternity) all that happens is a desultory exchange of shots, some dodging and a bit of reloading until suddenly, the maniacal Granville pops up behind the train, lights the fuse on a stick of dynamite and lobs the explosive towards the newspaper office (I think Granville needs some PR advice). It lands on the roof where Proud Mary has spent her time popping in and out of cover, occasionally shooting ineffectually and now suffering shock as the dynamite explodes……..

…….causing a satisfying but relatively harmless smoke cloud

Granville then heads East (or maybe West) to find cover behind some more rocks which look quite similar to the ones he was behind before.

Meanwhile, TMWNN, taking everything into account, has retreated to the side of the newspaper office - he feels at home there.

I think we all need to pause to get our breath back after all that excitement before embarking on what may (I should emphasise may)
prove to be the final instalment of this epic.

Doug

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2024, 02:12:45 PM »
Something of a beautiful full toss by Granville there.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2024, 02:51:13 PM »
Something of a beautiful full toss by Granville there.
He has the reputation of being quite a tosser.

Doug

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2024, 04:18:27 PM »
He has the reputation of being quite a tosser.

Doug

That is true, but on this occasion, it was a real jaffa!

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2024, 11:27:00 PM »
That is true, but on this occasion, it was a real jaffa!
It certainly had the explosive effect of an over ripe orange.

Doug