Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:41:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) 5-Parsecs Expansion 3 - Fixer’s Guidebook  (Read 1400 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
(Commercial) 5-Parsecs Expansion 3 - Fixer’s Guidebook
« on: November 04, 2023, 04:41:50 PM »
Just got an email about Modiphius about this. PDF only, 47 pages (well, 46 pages, as the last page is an advert for 5 Leagues) and princely sum of £8.00 - link

I really must get back to my campaign :(

Description

Armed with this third expansion in the series, you will be able to expand and modify your game to offer new and exciting possibilities as well as undertake new missions, making the world of Five Parsecs more detailed and elaborate than ever before! Join a faction and get rewarded doing jobs for them alone, but beware as things hot up on the streets when they clash with other factions! New movement and wound systems for grittier play, random terrain and environments, plus new stealth and city streets missions!

New material includes:

Generate random table terrain setups with four different environmental types.
    An alternative wound system that can result in a wider range of effects when a character is hit.
    More detailed grim post-battle injuries for those who want a grittier game experience.
    An alternative movement system that divides the table into a 3x3 square grid and allows fast, open-ended movement.
    Faction rules. Now, you can work for various employers who will reward your loyalty as you do more jobs for them.
    Factions will also get involved in struggles with each other, making your planetary campaigns more exciting and dramatic.
    New Stealth missions featuring high-tension commando-style raids and infiltrations against sentries.
    Street fights take you downtown. Roam the streets of a mega city, undertaking missions, dealing with the locals and hoping you can make it out of there before the Enforcers show up and start arresting everybody.
    The package is rounded out with a new mission selection system that folds the new mission types into the core rules, allowing for any mission to be a street fight or stealth job.

Finally, a comprehensive campaign setup and campaign turn sequence summarise all of the options from all three expansions.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: (Commercial) 5-Parsecs Expansion 3 - Fixer’s Guidebook
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 07:51:16 PM »
Sounds like good stuff! I keep meaning to eventually mix Core Space, Stargrave and 5 Parsecs but never find the free time.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 01:25:17 PM »
I've started a little campaign with my son, he's only wee so keeping it basic but the simple combat system of 5PFH is much less of a downside to his little brain  :D

The best news about the 3rd expansion releasing is that it means they're now collating the 3 into one single print book, which is what I'm waiting for. I think ETA is early 2024.

Offline Raedwald

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2023, 10:05:47 AM »
The best news about the 3rd expansion releasing is that it means they're now collating the 3 into one single print book, which is what I'm waiting for. I think ETA is early 2024.

I’d not heard this - that’s excellent news!  :)

Offline Khusru2

• Librarian
    • Travels with Khusru
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2023, 10:32:49 AM »
Keep us posted on the new book please

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2023, 04:48:10 PM »
It looks like the compendium is up for pre-order today - https://www.modiphius.net/collections/adventure-wargame-winter-collection

I've posted the link to the whole collection, as several of those rules look tempting.

£35 for the compendium

This is a pre-order.  Shipping is expected to start March 2024.  If your order includes pre-order items, it will delay your shipping until the items are in stock.
You will receive individual PDFs for each of the compendium sections initially, and the final compiled PDF will automatically be sent out to you in January 2024.

You’ve seen the stars, but have you ever wondered what is truly possible when we are out there in the black among alien suns?

The Five Parsecs From Home Compendium gives you all three expansions for Five Parsecs From Home collected into a single print volume for the first time, along with the fully updated standalone game Bug Hunt.

The new edition of Bug Hunt includes all the mechanics from the original, updated to fit into the core game rules. This includes features like alien spawn points, alien sub types like the spitter and screamer and alien leaders like the driver or lancer. With 6 sub-types, 6 leader types and 16 alien species to fight, there is a lot of scope for players who enjoy painting, building and converting cool miniatures.

Your troopers can be supported by any of 12 support units from the scientific survey team to a team of tough K’Erin assault troops.

Bug Hunt is a full campaign game with character progression as your troopers advance through their careers. You can even carry over characters from both games - take your crew members from Five Parsecs From Home on a Bug Hunt or vice versa, allowing your characters to experience a whole new level of adventures.

The only question that remains is whether you forgot to activate the security grid. They do say the vent crawlers are active in this sector...

The three expansions for Five Parsecs From Home allow you to experience a wide range of new adventures but also tailor the game to fit your vision of space beyond the Fringe, offering new characters, new mechanics, new options and new missions.

Trailblazer’s Toolkit offers a new introductory campaign, random name tables, new options to tailor the difficulty of the game, PVP and player co-op scenarios, new AI action tables, enemy deployment variables, escalating battles and the fearsome elite-level enemies.

Freelancer’s Handbook offers two new alien species: The Krag and the Skulkers, psionics, new equipment, non-miniatures combat rules. Expanded missions and quest rules, fringe world strife mechanics, expanded ship loan rules and the salvage job scenario type.

Fixer’s Guidebook offers terrain tables, additional rules for injuries both on and off the battlefield, a grid based movement system, faction mechanics and the stealth and street fight scenario types.

228 pages. Full-colour. Royal-size. Hardcover.

You will receive a complementary digital edition immediately after purchase.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 04:50:29 PM by zemjw »

Offline ithoriel

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2023, 05:01:27 PM »
Bought the compendium, or at least pre-ordered it, yesterday and got the various volumes as separate pdf's.

Pre-order includes the text of the compendium in pdf format as well as the printed copy.

I'm about to start having a ramble through the individual volumes.

"I'm just going outside .... I may be some time."  :)
There are 100 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data.

Offline Raedwald

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2023, 07:08:08 AM »
Pre-ordered mine too. Baulked at the £8.50 minimum p&p option, but had committed myself by then!  :)

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2024, 02:30:36 PM »
Excellent news!

I'm currently running a 5PFH campaign and have expanded with the PDF's The Trailblazer's Toolkit and the Freelancer's Handbook, the possibilities really opened up with this great rule set.

Planning on starting up a The Department game, a sci-fi urban police game. I am going to add more terrain and options, so that'll fit in excellently with the Fixer's Guidebook.
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"