Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:27:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690927
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A War Transformed Meets the Silver Bayonet  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Steelwraith

• Bookworm
A War Transformed Meets the Silver Bayonet
« on: November 26, 2023, 06:11:59 PM »
My progress with fielding my forces is progressing slowly, which is normal for me sadly. I'm working on my Canadians, and I've bought one of the Silver Bayonet monsters from the pre-order sale for the Canada supplement for Silver Bayonet, which brings me to the raison d'etre for this topic: has anyone else thought of combining the two games?

If the Tallymen think the Napoleonic Wars were a boon for them, then the mechanized hell of WW-I has to be a four-course banquet, and with the Old Gods showing up to accept blood sacrifices, they could fit in just fine. More to the point, though is my glacial pace for getting anything finished, and the fact my space requirements preclude having a large board in my living area. A card table is about as big a surface as I can set-up, and fights can't last more than a day without them getting in the way.

Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: A War Transformed Meets the Silver Bayonet
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 07:33:24 AM »
I’ll start by saying I don’t know lots about the Silver Bayonet rules and setting - but do know it’s supernatural Napoleonic Skirmish.

Which bits are you thinking of combining with AWT?

AWT is definitely a larger sized game with around 50 figures and some vehicles and/or guns per side. I’m not sure all the mechanics would scale down to a skirmish sized game - I’m mainly thinking about Command Tokens and therefore Manifestation dice. The summoned creatures would be a lot more powerful (in relative terms) if the overall figure count was dropped.

The creatures in AWT are quite broadly described so adding ones from SB would be possible on a counts as basis. There are a lot of special rules in AWT so you should be able to create a specific monster from SB if you want.

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 04:42:06 PM »
An unhelpful answer - but Dracula's America is a weird old west game, and might be a lot closer to WW1 tech (repeating rifles, revolvers, shotguns, etc) than Silver Bayonet (Muskets, muzzle loading rifles and pistols). It doesn't have the solo rules, and whilst there are 'wandering monsters' it is more geared up toward Native American skin walker gangs fighting vampire thralls or voodoo cults.
The forces have less granitization too - rather than distinguishing an infantrymen from a sapper from a rifleman, figures are green/regular/veteran with most gangs having one or two 'special' figures (skinwalkers, voodoo zombies, demons, whatever)
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 09:17:23 AM »
Another unhelpful answer, but still an idea that you might like.

I have the similar issues, small space, 3'x3' folding table so can pack the game away after finishing. Have you considered Fistful of Lead?

I recently bought the rules and played a 4 player game which went very well and perfect rules for pick up game if you've never played it before. You literally have about 5-10 figures a side, most are individuals with special Traits that will make them unique. The "mook" groups are less capable but gives you more tactical options. I believe there is a solo rule option.
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 03:46:03 PM »
Personally I'm more into Great War with Lovecraftian horror. But yesterday I found an old picture of a Ghast (by Canadian RAFM miniatures) and I remembered Lovecraftian ghouls and ghasts are basically Wendigo when you think of it.
So more than combining I'd give my own flavour as I see fit.
See also the Dutch topic.

For a table just use one of these 'mousepad' gaming cloths instead of a board. Works great and looks good.
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 10:28:26 AM »
Would The Last War not better suit your space and glacial speed?
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/