Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:50:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My Xenos Rampant forces (Some Sci-Fi scatter terrain 4/1/24)  (Read 8498 times)

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
Re: My Xenos Rampant forces (Anadorans complete! 3/17/24)
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2024, 02:50:08 AM »
Time for some 3-D printed scatter terrain that I'll use on my game boards. I probably didn't really need to paint all these up, but I'd bought them and it made me feel like progress getting them ready for the tabletop. Plus, I'd have felt silly if I ended up needing them in my first game of Xenos Rampant!

These power generators (that's what I'm calling them) are from a US company called Diabolical Terrain (https://diabolicalterrain.com/). Quality stuff that I've used for some of my post-apocalyptic terrain. They come to many of the regional shows, and as such, feel obligated to support them...!  :D

Refinery (?) from a new 3-D print company I found called, A Critical Hit. This is a fairly large piece of terrain, as you can tell by the 28mm figures next to it. It painted up extremely quickly. Various shades of metal and then a dark wash over it. I really like this piece and will use it in modern games, too, I imagine.

Power Generator from the same company as above. This is probably my favorite piece of terrain from this scatter set. I don't know if I just happened to like the color scheme I used or it's almost Victorian Sci-Fi feel. It was a good find discovering this company as a vendor at Cincycon 2024. They have an Instagram page here (https://www.instagram.com/criticalhitnyc/?hl=en).

Sci-Fi giant drill structure from Sea Dog Games. This was in the running for my favorite piece. It doesn't have to be a drill. It could be any random piece of machinery on a Sci-Fi game board. Sea Dog Games got into 3-D printing early, mainly to create ships for the Sailpower game. However, they create a lot of other stuff for all periods. I have garbage dumpsters, crates, etc. from them as well as Zodiac rubber boats.

These all painted up relatively quickly and am pretty happy with how they look. Thanks in advance for any comments...

Mike Demana