Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:20:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dungeon Tiles and Terrain: P3 Treasure and Gib Tokens  (Read 3953 times)

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
Re: Dungeon Tiles and Terrain: Start of the tiles
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2023, 04:53:37 AM »
Really great work

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2023, 10:49:06 AM »
Lovely work allround! 8)

Anything paying homage to Diablo should be applauded; I almost lived that game for a period and still have very fond memories of it :)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2023, 11:33:48 PM »
They look really great, I gonna steal the idea of the candles made of wire.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Re: Dungeon Tiles and Terrain: P2 Scatter rubble, shrines and boxes
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2023, 04:19:20 AM »
Thanks Everyone!!!

Quote from: Daeothar
Anything paying homage to Diablo should be applauded; I almost lived that game for a period and still have very fond memories of it :)

Yes I have many an hour and holidays/spare time consumed by that franchise, shared with friends via LAN or later online. So much fun. I remember being a very squishy sorc in D1 hiding behind my Pally brother, only to kill him multiple times with splash damage when up against Diablo. So much fun.

Quote from: Freddy
They look really great, I gonna steal the idea of the candles made of wire.

Go for it Freddy but make sure you check out QC's Mordheim table, it is next level.  o_o

The scatter got the same treatment as the floor tiles. The rubble was piled up on top of a ball of aluminium foil, and i really enjoyed the speed the hot glue gun presented it really made the hobby time feel more productive.

Which in turn meant ... more scatter! :)

QUESTION
Is there a down side to the hot glue gun? Does its bond weaken over time and what is needed to overcome any of these shortfalls? Because apart from the mess, i love the speed and structure it presents.

Hot gluing coffee stirrers to foam I knocked up some crates and hot glued some resin and plaster hirst arts treasure chests together. Overcoming the options paralysis and solving in part the fiddly nature of unbased scatter. They were painted with a simple wash and dry brush.

Next I need some D1 bookcases for that skill boost, not sure how they can be used in game yet but at least some set dressing if nothing more. Then some doors... and then some torches/light sources.... What Fun!

« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 04:20:52 AM by Constable Bertrand »

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Re: Dungeon Tiles and Terrain: P2 Scatter Books
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2023, 09:31:54 AM »
Delving beneath the lost cathedrals and palaces of old it is still possible to discover Horadrim texts, and while often intelligible to many, there are still those who can discipher such works.

The search for arcane knowledge is a worthy step for any would be adventurer. Here a bookshelf awaits, enticing those for higher learning.

Following Wyloch's Armoury tutorial from YouTube with some adjustments:

... they were made from folded card/paper with a coloured paper for the cover. Cut a strip of material 20-30mm wide fold and glue in half with other layers and hold tight with paperclips to dry. Then cut into various lengths. I made mine of various thickness and coloured paper covers for variety.

I haven't done Wyloch's potions.. yet.. and only made 3 bookcases out of balsa and coffee stirrers. I think it should be sufficient for the moment.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Dungeon Tiles and Terrain: P1 Start of the tiles
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2023, 07:50:29 AM »
Cracking job on those bookcases.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2023, 12:19:52 PM »
They are wonderful  :-*

A whole library worth of bookcases has been on my todo list since I read the Frostgrave The Library scenario. I've been tempted by several 3D-printable designs, but your (and Wyloch's) crafting has me seriously contemplating doing it the old fashioned way after all :)

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2023, 08:05:36 PM »
Thanks Elk and Daeothar!

The benifit of the old fashioned way is that it's pre painted and less fiddly to paint than a resin one. The sticks just needed a brown wash and the books a little embellishment and it's done. No fear of overcorrecting colours on book spines.
The hardest part was just to glue the shelves together with PVA square and level. There was a bit of squishing around.

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2023, 08:12:57 PM »
Those books are really really neat  8)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2023, 04:09:35 PM »
Thought your username rang a bell when you commented on my thread.

I've already bookmarked yours to steal some of your scatter terrain ideas.

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2023, 06:17:22 AM »
Very nice work!

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2023, 12:00:10 AM »
Thanks Steve, Tap and Major!  :)

Looks rather useful and is coming together quite well for basic tile set.

I Modpodged the top and applied Windsor Newton Mat Varnish to dull it down again. I also chose to add some soft EVA foam to the bottom. I did this as I had a problem when the tiles were stacked in the box, and the paint stuck to the underneath painted MDF bases!! And peeled off part of the paint!!!  :-[ Such a bother.
Fixed and shouldnt happen again.. hopefully.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 06:57:20 AM by Constable Bertrand »

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2023, 06:40:51 AM »
What a grand show, superb!
Quite educational too - I knew it would be wise to keep the foam packaging I collected over a few years, now I know why too - although it's not ideal for tiles as most of my stuff is very three dimensional.
The stone tumbler treatment is a great idea too, to think I am familiar with the concept from some research on materials I had done and yet never thought of using this for gaming!

As regards the glue gun - I never used one, so I can't really help, I'm afraid. My guess would be that unless it solidifies to a brittle state it should be fine.

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2023, 09:01:32 AM »
Thanks Vanvlak, amazing what a bit of foam can turn into with a hit of effort pva and paint. I really enjoy the process of turning junk and blank materials into something remarkable. Keep all the foam bits  >:D every surface needs a cladding of some kind for texturing.

In Torch and shield the monsters knock PCs to the ground them drag them down into dark holes kicking and screaming never to be seen again. I like the sound of that .. so added some trails from past victims.

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2023, 10:15:06 PM »
Vladimir and myself played our first test game of Torch and shield which was a good bit of fun. Monsters popped out from the depths while we scrambled to capture as many of the main rooms as possible. When the torches went out and light was limited things got a bit more dicey, I lost one figure instantly with a poor dice roll and he was dragged into the shadows never to be seen again, and my leader went head to head with Vladimir's leader and lost. I narrowly won when a monster spawned in the last turn and disqualified one of his rooms.

I'm making a Warband of "MiniTonnians" using Perry french/English foot nights and GW bits and frostgrave bits.