Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:26:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Gaming with some of Vampifan's figures ... mid-Jan game WIP [updated]  (Read 660 times)

Offline Roy@CampfireFablesblog

• Lurker
- I'm an old forum member using a new username (Some may have met me, when I worked the UK shows, the ginger-haired bloke on the Colonel Bill's stand).

[abbreviated and amended from my blog post]

Back in 2020, I inherited part of Bryan "Vampifan's" collection of miniatures. The provision for receiving these was "that they were to see use" - something which, I have to shamefully admit, they have not. I've always intended to use them. To play with them. I've even bought some miniatures to complement them and use against them, of a nature that I know, Bryan himself, would have approved of.

I'm going to finish this post showcasing the painted miniatures of Bryan's (some of which I've not found photographs of on his "Vampifan" blog) So, they'll possibly be being seen for the first time for a lot of people.

I'm unable to identify the miniature's manufacturers for the most part, nor the paints or colours Bryan used. But I'm sure those of you who visited Bryan's blog will simply appreciate seeing his work again.

Lastly, I should thank Bryan's brother and Joe "Zabadak" for allowing and facilitating the distribution of Bryan's miniatures - Thank you.

https://campfirefablesblog.blogspot.com/2023/12/from-one-gamers-collection-to-anothers.html
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 03:38:18 PM by Roy@CampfireFablesblog »

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
Re: Some of Vampifan's SciFi, now part of my collection
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 01:26:12 PM »
Nice ones, the last few pics are from the IKore/Void 1.1/Urban mammoth ranges.

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023, 01:32:40 PM »
It's great to see these and know that in a way Vampifan lives on.  Get them on a table soon.

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 02:57:54 PM »
Thank you for the information Freddy

Yes, I definitely need to get these on a table asap. I've a Star Trek TOS (converted) figure and two (Reaper) Cavegirls, which I want painted up next, and some quick bits of terrain to finish. I think a goal I need to set myself is, to get a game in before mid-January 2024, using Ganesha Games' Mutants & Death Ray Guns.

• Lurker
Re: Bits for my planned for mid-January game
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2024, 03:37:12 PM »
Some of the terrain for my planned/hoped for mid-January game, using Bryan's/Vampifan's and my own miniatures. Game to be played using Ganesha Games' Mutant and Death Ray Guns rules.

Managed to get some of the terrain finished (originally made for games of Palaeo Diet - to hide Angry Critters/Critters and/or berry bushes to forage) in between the various home help who visits us at the minute (NHS/hospice/Marie Curie) and my own filial caring duties. Big terrain piece still, obviously, to finish and I've a (smaller) terrain piece to begin, using the edible fungus clumps sold via Steve Barber Miniatures (as part of the fruit bushes armatures set).