Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:58:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hasslefree Minis has been a HUGE hassle…. I cant be the only one.  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
I made an order like 6 or 7 months ago, their site said they had stock on the items I ordered, but then 6 weeks or so later I finally reached out. We went through the 'so sorry, let me look into this' before disappearing…. Twice.
Wrote them a few days ago after asking for a refund two months ago to zero reply (I could see they saw the message..) and jist said, 'ok, I guess no items, no refund so I guess I made an unintentional donation to your company'….
Very very disappointing, as this is hardly the first time. I know I'll hear ANOTHER story of some major personal issue, but frankly as this now seems to be a 'thing¡ for them, I really dont care. If there are so many issues that are this crippling for their business, perhaps its time to pack it in and close shop.
I really like Kev and Sally and I write this all with a very heavy heart, but enough is really enough…..
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
Re: Hasslefree Minis has been a HUGE hassle…. I cant be the only one.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 08:53:14 PM »
I don't often chime in on this sort of bad service thing!

How different it used to be in the FOD (Forum of Doom) days with Heresy miniatures and some others.

Back then Hasslefree was exactly that, sadly this seems (and for quite a while) now to be no longer the case.

I wish you luck Too Bo Coo in resolving your issue, and yes it does put me off from ordering from them again I'm afraid  :-[
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline ithoriel

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 09:03:59 PM »
Placed a small order with them recently and everything (admittedly only half a dozen figures) turned up unexpectedly promptly, given the time of year.

Nice people, lovely figures .... but erratic service and it sometimes seems there are as many items out of stock as in.

<sigh> It shouldn't be this difficult to get people to take your money and send you stuff.
There are 100 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 11:46:30 PM »
Sorry to hear that.

It's not a new issue.

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=111385.msg1737855#msg1737855

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=127871.msg1616496#msg1616496

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=142645.msg1822038#msg1822038

There comes a point where it's really not tenable to give the same excuses over and over again.

There comes a point where you have to conclude that it's either chronic mismanagement, a scam or wargaming's answer to the national lottery.

Oh and yes I'm sure they are lovely people, etc, etc but affability is not a cheque the customer can cash.

Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2024, 09:08:46 AM »
As I've posted before (probably in some of those threads just linked), every newsletter begins with "I've been unwell, but I'm on new meds now, so hopefully this time..."

I do like the figures, and I do like the company, but I've stopped ordering from them, as it's just not worth the "hassle".

I backed their SF kickstarter, which was meant to deliver last April. It still hasn't, although it appears to be inching forward, with regular posts that the backerkit is "nearly ready".

It really feels like Artemis should concentrate on getting himself well again, rather than trying to run a business while dealing with long-term health issues. I'm not sure how much the company is worth, but perhaps a new owner would be the best option :(

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2024, 09:15:40 AM »
Good luck, Too Bo Coo; you might be in for quite a long wait and frustratingly slow communications. I suspect they will come through in the end; to my knowledge they eventually always do, but they require a lot of nudges and reminders...

There comes a point where you have to conclude that it's either chronic mismanagement, a scam or wargaming's answer to the national lottery.

Through the years of dealing with them, I've come to go with chronic mismanagement. They are nice people, but ever since Sally gave up management in favour of this Black something guy, things have been going downhill and never really crept back up.

They used to run a very tight ship, but several years ago I actually unsubscribed from their newsletter because it was always a tally of setbacks, excuses and promises (that subsequently were not kept). And it began to sound like a broken record, so I sort of gave up on Hasslefree.

Which is a pitty, because they have some seriously awesome ranges and I've got quite a few of their miniatures. But the the continued litany of woes has made me rather wary of ordering from them...

Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2024, 02:42:16 PM »
Just spoke to Sal, she’ll be here shortly.

Offline LIBBY

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2024, 04:54:00 PM »
I made an order like 6 or 7 months ago, their site said they had stock on the items I ordered, but then 6 weeks or so later I finally reached out. We went through the 'so sorry, let me look into this' before disappearing…. Twice.
Wrote them a few days ago after asking for a refund two months ago to zero reply (I could see they saw the message..) and jist said, 'ok, I guess no items, no refund so I guess I made an unintentional donation to your company'….
Very very disappointing, as this is hardly the first time. I know I'll hear ANOTHER story of some major personal issue, but frankly as this now seems to be a 'thing¡ for them, I really dont care. If there are so many issues that are this crippling for their business, perhaps its time to pack it in and close shop.
I really like Kev and Sally and I write this all with a very heavy heart, but enough is really enough…..

Sally here.  I completely and utterly agree with every word that you are saying.  Closing shop is something that has been at the forefront on my mind for the last year now.

The last few years have been a living nightmare for me too.  I honestly wish I could go back 7 years and not let the business move to Wales. 
At the time we thought it was the obvious next step up to a larger facility with designated workspaces then Brexit hit and we lost 40% of our business overnight that resulted in us doing some serious juggling behind the scenes to keep going. That business has not returned due to issues with import taxes and different countries sending back orders. 
Then I had my accident and Dameon got very ill and we just seem to be chasing our tails constantly.
It has been a nightmare, neither of us has had an income for the last few years to try and keep restocks catching up.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, The minis will go on we are just figuring out the best way to do it. It might mean completely downsizing and possible relocations, we don't know yet.

So really what I want to say is that I am very sorry for the issues that you all have had but change is afoot and hopefully we can get back on track and you all start to love us again x

Sally

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2024, 07:54:52 PM »
Hi all,

Given the links to the previous threads on the rather sad issue and Libby's official statement, I think we can close this thread now before it escalates unnecessarily.