Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:07:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Tenfold Dungeons - The Castle  (Read 986 times)

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
Tenfold Dungeons - The Castle
« on: January 11, 2024, 02:27:45 PM »
Well after leaving it sitting on my shelves for over 6 months (!!!!) I finally got around to opening up my other Tenfold Dungeon set, The Castle. https://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2024/01/tenfold-dungeon-castle.html

Offline Burgundavia

• Mad Scientist
    • Coreyburger.ca
Re: Tenfold Dungeons - The Castle
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 07:27:23 PM »
For some reason blogger wouldn't let me login. I love the quick and easy dungeon and the skeletons look great too

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 02:20:22 AM »
How well did S&S work as a dungeon? Is there a scenario that went along with it?

10f village exteriors look terrible (the doors are upside down if you make your villages showing the interiors).

10f dungeon rooms "upside down" works as 3D terrain in those huge underground areas, for miniature skirmish games. You can even do corridors across raised areas. Dungeon stairs are ridiculously expensive, so the stairs in the dungeon set are most welcome for my budget. Every room having water was annoying.
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2024, 10:15:50 AM »
How well did S&S work as a dungeon? Is there a scenario that went along with it?

10f village exteriors look terrible (the doors are upside down if you make your villages showing the interiors).

10f dungeon rooms "upside down" works as 3D terrain in those huge underground areas, for miniature skirmish games. You can even do corridors across raised areas. Dungeon stairs are ridiculously expensive, so the stairs in the dungeon set are most welcome for my budget. Every room having water was annoying.

I was playtesting some rules and scenario ideas for someone else, but yes, Sellswords worked really well in the dungeon.

The Village set is the only one I rejected outright. Inverting the rooms to use them as buildings looks ridiculous as a bunch of flat-topped houses and as you say, if you use the interiors the doors on the outside are upside down.

The Dungeon and Sewer set should have been more accurately called Just Sewers, but when we used it we really ignored the water, just treating it as a few inches deep. I bought that rather than The Temple because I thought it would fit in better with The Castle.

Their newer sci-fi sets look interesting, Starship Vengence, Cyberpunk City and Smuggler's Den. But you still have the problem of doors and text on the outside of the buildings being upside down when using the interiors.

Offline Burgundavia

• Mad Scientist
    • Coreyburger.ca
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 08:04:40 PM »

Sellswords in a dungeon tends to be fairly lethal - you need to pay attention to spawning and other things. I've tried my hand at some rules I working through right now: http://www.warbard.ca/2023/12/18/adventuring-in-a-dungeon-in-sellswords-spellslingers/