Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:02:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690914
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 620
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Ancient Greeks - WiP Games and Miniatures  (Read 4157 times)

Offline wipgamesandminiatures

• Assistant
    • WiP Games and Miniatures
28mm Ancient Greeks - WiP Games and Miniatures
« on: January 24, 2024, 07:51:50 PM »
28mm Ancient Greeks – Coming 30/1/2024!
WiP Games and Miniatures
Sculpted by Dave and Dan Toone.

We’re excited to show you a small teaser of what is to be the initial release of our metal miniatures, with more lots on the way for this range, and others, coming every month.

These miniatures measure 28mm from foot to eye, so they are great as a stand alone range or mix well with of your existing armies.

All of our miniatures will be sold separately, so you can mix and match exactly what you want and not be stuck with poses you have no need of, as well as amazing deals on 5 or 10 duplicate miniatures, which will be ideal for unit or army building.

Each of our individual 28mm metal infantry start at £1.50 each, with 5 duplicates for £6.25 or 10 duplicate miniatures for £10 – Great Quality and Value!

We will have more information for you all in the coming days, so either keep an eye out for us, or give us a like and follow on our Facebook page for more, easy to find updates:
https://www.facebook.com/WiPGamesandMiniatures

« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 02:05:15 PM by wipgamesandminiatures »

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
Re: 28mm Ancient Greeks - Coming 30/1/2024!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 06:38:11 AM »
Any other ranges planned? I can think of a few gaps in the metals market.

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 09:05:42 AM »
Hi SJWi,

We do have plans for other ranges in 28mm and 10mm for this year, but we’d love to hear other suggestions you have too.

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2024, 09:19:49 AM »
Without suggesting weird ranges that probably wouldn't be commercially viable I will suggest two that would fit with your Hellenistic time period together with some rationale. Number one would be "early" Achaemenid Persian (ie Darius and Xerxes). The only ranges that seem to be out there are an old one by 1st Corps and a small one by Foundry. Both are more 25mm and date back to the mid '90s. Vendel did produce one but they are long gone and now only available from the US. The second would be "classical" Indian.  Again I think Old Glory and 1st Corps produce them but they are old and quite small.  Scropha Miniatures produce them as 3d prints but it isn't a full range. A bit of an off-the wall suggestion would be "Rome's Desert Frontier" and "early Arab". Gripping Beast used to produce such a range but they have disappeared from their catalogue.  Lots of people produce later Arabs but no-one the earlier period. Aventine were going to do one but the sculptor decided not to. Likewise they produce an Indian elephant but the Keith the owner told me the sculptor didn't like sculpting Indians so there won't be a full range.       

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024, 09:47:25 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply and great suggestions.

We will be doing a range of Early Achaemenids to match in with our Ancient Greeks, and on top of that will release rules to go with the ranges at the end of the year (Greco-Persian wars), so expect to see the start of some of those soon.

It is also on our mind to do some Classical Indians as they are a natural evolution from the Hellenistic period as you have mentioned, so the potential for Macedonians and other enemies during that period will be very likely as well.

The Desert frontiers and early Arabs suggestions are also very interesting as it is a fascinating period of history that does often get glazed over, we will keep this in mind for the future!

Offline bigredbat

• Mad Scientist
    • BigRedBatCave
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2024, 11:18:40 AM »
Some Greeks that would mix with Foundry would be most welcome. I was chatting with a mate, yesterday, about the lack of suitable earlier hoplites in bell cuirasses. Foundry have a single pose- it is very nice, but it will not an army make.

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2024, 07:25:37 PM »
Hi Simon,

We are going to have plenty of options for bell cuirass hoplites and command.

We also have the different type of helmets, with or without crests as well for even more variety. We are starting with the earlier Corinthian and Illyrian helmet types for this release but will have later styles coming in later releases. If you have any other questions feel free to send me a message on Facebook and I’ll show you some bits we have coming!

Offline AdamPHayes

• Mad Scientist
    • Wargame Warrior
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2024, 09:41:42 AM »
Don’t need hoplites but is sure I will buy some of these! Will be interested to see the early Achaemenid Persians. Some Medes and Babylonians for fighting late Assyrians would be a nice extension too.

Offline Waffles_vs_Tacos

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2024, 06:05:03 PM »
28mm Celtiberians would be lovely.

Offline Rochejaquelein

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2024, 06:55:48 PM »
Nice to see archaic/early classical hoplites! If you're looking for expansion, might I suggest Saitic/late Kingdom Egyptians? They are not represented well compared to the new Kingdom, but they fought plenty of regional powers like Assyrians, Neo-Babylonians, Kushites, Persians, and even Greeks during the Greco Persian Wars.

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2024, 03:00:36 PM »
Don’t need hoplites but is sure I will buy some of these! Will be interested to see the early Achaemenid Persians. Some Medes and Babylonians for fighting late Assyrians would be a nice extension too.

Good to hear, can you really ever have enough hoplites?  lol

The Achaemenids are definitely underway as the next 'main' army, along with lots of their allies and subjects. This of course includes lots of your suggestions, Medes, Assyrians and everything weird and wonderful in between.

Nice to see archaic/early classical hoplites! If you're looking for expansion, might I suggest Saitic/late Kingdom Egyptians? They are not represented well compared to the new Kingdom, but they fought plenty of regional powers like Assyrians, Neo-Babylonians, Kushites, Persians, and even Greeks during the Greco Persian Wars.

Thank you, and this is a great suggestion, unfortunately not something I know much about but if have some good resources send them this way and we can have a look at it. If they fought during this period, it will be something worth adding to our range in the future for sure!

28mm Celtiberians would be lovely.

A very fascinating period of history and something that is definitely in the realms of possibility after we finish the Greco-Persian Wars ranges, keep an eye out for us!

• Assistant
Re: 28mm Ancient Greeks - Release day!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2024, 03:52:10 PM »
As promised, the first of our 28mm white metal miniatures have now been added to our website and are ready to order!

https://www.wipgamesandminiatures.com/

So far, we have 25 Greek Hoplites (including a command figure), 5 Skirmishers with Javelins and 5 Skirmishers with bows.
There are loads more additions to come over the coming weeks and months for this range, so keep your eyes peeled.

We hope you like what you see so far, and don't forget, if you're building units or armies, you can get 10 duplicate miniatures for £10.00! You can also buy 5 duplicate miniatures for £6.25, or to add in extra variety here and there, or when buying command miniatures, there's always the option to buy any of our 28mm figures as a single miniature for just £1.50.

Expect lots more from us, very soon!

Dave and Dan.

Online vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2024, 09:45:13 PM »
I like what I see so far.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

• Assistant
Re: 28mm Ancient Greeks - WiP Games and Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2024, 10:29:41 AM »
I like what I see so far.

Thanks! More will be coming every month and we’re excited to to show off what we’ve been working on :D

Offline Basementboy

• Mad Scientist
  • Happy little chappy from the mythical ingerland
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2024, 12:41:49 PM »
These look great! Thanks for sharing ;)