Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:42:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690841
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Trench crusade weird ww1  (Read 1285 times)

Offline 3Fingers2

• Librarian
Trench crusade weird ww1
« on: February 15, 2024, 05:59:05 PM »
This new wargame just popped up on my Facebook feed ,I don’t know if anyone else had seen it ??
It’s from an ex GW employee
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EqrwJkyFKhI&pp=ygUTdHJlbmNoIGNydXNhZGUgZ2FtZQ%3D%3D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 06:01:19 PM by 3Fingers2 »

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
Re: Trench crusade weird ww1
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 10:41:08 AM »
I've been looking at getting involved with this game. Think of a mix of medieval crusades, creatures of hell, WW1 technology and trench warfare in a very grim dark setting.

The rules are by one of the guys behind Mordheim, so that's a good start. Currently the rules are at playtest level, but they are already better presented than many commercial rule sets.

There is a Facebook page for the game plus an active participants group, both well supported by the game designers. The files section in the participants group includes the latest playtest rules and a quick start sheet. An official range of figures will be released in due course, but you can use whatever figures you want. Many players have produced some wonderful conversions using 28mm plastic figures and 3D prints.
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Snackelwolf

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 01:09:45 AM »
This game is extremely exciting, I'm just trying to decide when to dive in.

With a quick start sheet out and the basic rules formulated it may be time, but I'd kind of like to wait for an actual rule book if they
release one. 

It's generating quite a bit of buzz in our community. Mordheim is highly revered and this looks like low model count good fun.

Here is a large model, a Trench Pilgrim, apparently a prototype design they painted. 

Offline Tom Dulski

• Mad Scientist
  • BOOKWORM
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 11:03:11 AM »

This seems like a great mix of historical themes.

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 06:41:00 AM »
This game has popped up in a couple of forums I frequent and seems to be creating a buzz.

It's unlikely that the players I know would be interested and I do a lot of solo gaming so the rules are not of great interest.

However the concept and visual stuff is.

The rulebook and associated miniatures are going to be offered via Kickstarter at some point this year and I may be tempted.

Currently I have started amassing a few parts to kitbash the protagonists detailed in the playtest rules.

Offline nikharwood

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 10:09:35 AM »
I'm really excited by this one - Mordheim & WFB 6th are still 2 of my 3 favourite GW games & Tuomas is great: on this one he's engaging really well with the growing (fast!) community and really responsive. It's conceptually really interesting & the modelling possibilities are endless...

We had our first runout of the rules yesterday and had an absolute blast playing it (with proxy models) - the system is simple, intuitive, logical and creates excellent narrative play, forces tactical decision-making and fulfils my criteria: fun, fast & furious!

Would recommend....

I predict that the KS for this, when it's out, is going to go *ballistic*. :)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2024, 10:54:44 AM »
Mike Franchina who is the artists behind trench crusade is a nice chap, you can find a large gallery of his work including trench crusade art on twitter and artstation: https://www.artstation.com/sirfrancisdrake
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Basementboy

• Mad Scientist
  • Happy little chappy from the mythical ingerland
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2024, 10:13:37 AM »
I’m also very excited about TC, I’ve loved Mike Franchina’s art for the setting for a long time, and getting a game for it online is great news! Likewise working on kitbashing some troops for the game :)