Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 11:08:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691460
  • Total Topics: 118392
  • Online Today: 633
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Build Something Competition 2024: Workplace  (Read 4294 times)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Re: Build Something Competition 2024: Workplace
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2024, 06:05:36 AM »
I'm in trouble - I started off well enough, and have progress I have not photographed, but development of the tower was supposed to have been finished by the end of Easter recess, and I am nowhere near, got held up, distracted by my first wargame in ten years (!) and preparing some terrain for it, then a pile of stuff I had to deal with and now a bout of migraines.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2024, 06:59:37 AM »
[Half-way through! How are we feeling? Will the procrastinators amongst us like me have a flurry of activity in the bottom half of the competition?

I better had, done almost nothing towards it so far. lol

I'm in trouble - I started off well enough, and have progress I have not photographed, but development of the tower was supposed to have been finished by the end of Easter recess, and I am nowhere near, got held up, distracted by my first wargame in ten years (!) and preparing some terrain for it, then a pile of stuff I had to deal with and now a bout of migraines.[/quote

It's only a bit of fun! Do NOT panic. If it gets done, then fine. If ANYONE can't finish, it is not the end of the world.
So far I too have 'diverted off the true path'. (Painted a toy castle for a friend's nephew, finished stuff that was already on the bench & with my butterfly mind in full tilt gone all, 'Oh Shiney!' ;D)
I hope to put in a spurt of activity. Not a problem if I don't make it.
Oh must dash preparing to run a game tomorrow. lol lol lol

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2024, 09:29:11 AM »
Half-way through! How are we feeling? Will the procrastinators amongst us like me have a flurry of activity in the bottom half of the competition?

I am feeling good. I have built much more than I originally planned and I have started to colour it in.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2024, 10:56:20 AM »
and I have started to colour it in.

Teacher's Pet!   lol lol lol

Offline McMordain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2024, 12:58:20 PM »
I think I'm doing fine, but I decided to go smallish (compared to some of my previous entries) and having a good guide for the build helps a lot. :)
I'm still behind with the fruit clusters though...

Bear Pirates Go To Hell!

Offline Ragnar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2024, 07:33:51 AM »
Half-way through! How are we feeling? Will the procrastinators amongst us like me have a flurry of activity in the bottom half of the competition?

I feel called out   lol but I am confident that I'll finish the build in good time.
Gods, monsters and men,
Will die together in the end.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2024, 08:27:44 AM »
I'm being very public about my entry; I find it helps me staying focussed and motivated. So every little step of progress I post. Normally I'm not much of a blogger, but we're on a deadline here and it helps, so...

As for where I stand; the progress is visible for everyone, and it looks impressive, but I'm the only one who can compare that to what I have in mind. And in that light, I can safely say that I'm slowly falling behind schedule.

I had divided the project into three stages: the bare building, the detailing and the painting. Of the three I had assessed the building phase to take the longest and so far, that has proven correct (but then; I still have to start the other two, so what do I know ::) ).

And the building should have been completed just before Easter. Which it obviously hasn't. So now I'm hoping to complete the final building steps this weekend, so I can start on the detailing next week.

Fingers crossed I will be able to keep to this schedule, because otherwise the painting stage will be severely impacted...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2024, 09:19:41 AM »
I don't think I'll make it, I really should have finished my build last weekend, as I'm going on holidays in 2 weeks, but I'm nowhere near finished, if I push is I might be able to finish the build before I go, but the chances of a painted finished build are pretty slim. We'll see how we do this weekend, if I can at least finish the build there's a tiny chance I can slap some paint on it next weekend, but I think there's still too much to be done, and so far I've been making things up as I go along and there's still some parts I have no idea of how I want to finish them.

Offline Burgundavia

• Mad Scientist
    • Coreyburger.ca
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2024, 05:52:38 AM »
14 days. How are we feeling now that the crunch has hit?

Offline Ragnar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2024, 07:37:55 AM »
14 days. How are we feeling now that the crunch has hit?

I'll get there, although it should be noted that I am putting in way less effort than everyone else.

Offline McMordain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2024, 11:37:21 AM »
I have fallen behind my ideal schedule in the last two weeks, but with the extra week for painting I will probably finish it in time.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2024, 12:45:12 PM »
The crunch is real...

I am now where I had wanted to be about two weeks ago, and I'm starting to feel the pressure. I'm sure I will be able to finish the build, but the painting is going to suffer, and after all of this effort I am loathe to do a slapdash job on this project now.

Also, there's the photography to keep in mind. The last time I entered, I lost out in the end for at least a part because of my lousy pictures, which did not show off my entry as well as they could have.

And I had been planning on making at least one or two hills or woods for this setting, so I would have a bit of an interesting background, but that's not going to happen either now.

Fingers crossed I'll make it, but at this point, I'd rather bow out than do a sloppy rush job towards the end...  :?

Offline Burgundavia

• Mad Scientist
    • Coreyburger.ca
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2024, 08:00:50 PM »
We're ticking down to the final days and I see some awesome stuff getting done already. Just a reminder that there are two deadlines:

May 1st, Midnight PDT (-7 UTC): (EDIT: April 30th. I can read) all construction must be done. If you haven't done so, please post one last under construction shot in your thread
May 7th, Midnight PDT (-7 UTC): all photos must be submitted - wooden spoon award photos too (unfinished entries)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 11:23:39 PM by Burgundavia »

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #43 on: Today at 09:26:03 AM »
I will do my best to provide the final construction picture, but...
camera is not playing fair. :'(
Fingers crossed it can be persuaded to cough up the memory card.

Offline McMordain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #44 on: Today at 05:40:54 PM »
I forgot to take a pic of the base coated house...