Forum > "Build Something" Contest

BSC2024 Vanvlak Silver Tower under construction

(1/3) > >>

Vanvlak:
I guess not organising the BSC has made me cockier than usual; this was an idea I had when buying drain pipes. Don't ask!
It should serve for 40K, AoS and Old World Warhamemer (and anything else taking my fancy).

The old Epic scale Silver Tower of Tzeentch is (in a sudden moment of realization and clarity) my favourite model ever - outright! Because of it's weirdness, and because I always loved the idea and design of these little models:

They appeared in the Epic Space Marine Game; made an appearance in Man O'War with a different, larger model; and featured in one Black Library title (at least) and in the Silver Tower game, which (sadly) did not include one. It would be a spectacle in 28 mm heroic scale! So that's my aim - except - realistically - my version will be in a very early stage of construction. If it were a Star Trek ship, it would include the warp core and a small bit of hull and internal structure, with very different warp stuff and technology combined to create the heart of the tower which needs to be built around it.
I only have one figment of an idea, and that's where the drains come in; and I am not confusing my Chaos gods, in case anyone was wondering.  ;)

Burgundavia:
Ooh. If you're looking for some flexible pipes, I just picked up these from Aliexpress - very nifty little things

Vanvlak:
Cool - they look like the bendy bit in bendy straws, in which case, VERY interesting!
Thanks 8)

has.been:
I like partially completed things. Good luck with yours.

Vanvlak:

--- Quote from: has.been on February 26, 2024, 10:31:12 PM ---I like partially completed things. Good luck with yours.

--- End quote ---
Thanks - I am an expert on partially completed things, but only because I never finish them. I gave this year's idea a good bit of thought, this time it's MEANT to be partially finished. Obviously I'll end up not even starting....
At least I have the drain pipe I want.... o_o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version