Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:16:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690916
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 656
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Weird War II conversions and kitbashes in 1/35 (Von Krupt warped by Elder Gods)  (Read 4631 times)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
I should probably link to my blog with previously painted figures too: https://weirdworldwar2.blogspot.com/?m=1

Or my thread for them on this forum: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=131106.0

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
The new officer is nice, I like the pose, but he needs an Mp-40 too as he is wearing the magazine pouches for it.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
We're going to pretend he's hiding that under his coat.  ;)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
The new officer is nice, I like the pose, but he needs an Mp-40 too as he is wearing the magazine pouches for it.

We're going to pretend he's hiding that under his coat.  ;)

Now, this keeps coming back to nag at me and I *could* try to cut it off and replace it with a pistolholster instead, but it's going to be fiddly to do and blood might get spilled, so I'd like to see what the general idea is on this.

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog

Now, this keeps coming back to nag at me and I *could* try to cut it off and replace it with a pistolholster instead, but it's going to be fiddly to do and blood might get spilled, so I'd like to see what the general idea is on this.
You do not need to remove it entirely, just greenstuff it into a more general looking bag (maybe remove some parts to avoid it being too big).

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Actually that might be a good suggestion I can work with. Thanks ! :)

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
Actually that might be a good suggestion I can work with. Thanks ! :)
Or -in case you really want him to be equipped with an SMG too- you can just put the Mp-40 onto his base as if he just dropped it or put it down.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 01:09:14 PM by Freddy »

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Not a bad idea, but I don't really want him to be equipped with that, as the original character reference only had a pistol and the blades. So a bag/pouch it is.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Re: Weird War II conversions and kitbashes in 1/35 (Baron Zemo added)
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2024, 08:15:24 PM »
Another kitbash to come out of my session using the Pulp War 35 headsprue is this Baron Zemo (Heinrich Zemo, not the modern day heir), using the hooded head and a German officer body from a Jaguar figures resin set. This is actually my second at building this character as receiving this new body inspired me to decapitate and redo the first session. The set is called "general inspection" and has a German officer in an opulent wool coat, reminiscent of Zemo's heir in the recent marvel show. So in combination with the Pulp War 35 hooded head, I present you the ultimate pulp Nazi overlord! I'm ridiculously pleased with this one although the conversion was a really simple one.

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2024, 11:11:10 AM »
Nice, I also have this greatcoated figure somewhere.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2024, 05:41:05 PM »
Now you must get the heads then.  ;)

Offline Basementboy

• Mad Scientist
  • Happy little chappy from the mythical ingerland
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2024, 09:22:13 AM »
I’d be proud too- it looks fantastic! The pose really gives him a suitably arrogant look :)

Offline Sleepy Snoozy Skeletons

• Assistant
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2024, 04:56:43 PM »
Wonderful and inspiring thread :D The fuzzy werewolf heads give them such a great late 80's b-movie vibe,  I could totally see them in an old Corman flick.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
After Project Ragna Rok  that would bring Hellboy into this world got thwarted by the Allies, the Thule Society wanted to make a second attempt to contact Eldritch powers. They sent General Klaus Werner von Krupt, present during the first attempt. They thought they could do it without Rasputin. They thought wrong.

In a way, the ritual was successful and for the barest flicker of a second, they made contact with an otherworldly plane of existence. Nobody knows exactly who or what reached out into our world and touched the minds of the Thule members who were there. All we know is that that brief ephemeral touch warped them, mind and body, and burned away what little shreds of humanity they had left...

This is one of the poor soldiers who was present. This conversion used all bits I had lying around, an unidentified 1/35 resin German body and some bits from a plastic GW nurgle demon sprue. The nurgle heads and arms are a perfect size for 1/35. I still need to fill a few gaps on this, especially the back of the head, but it's pretty clear what it'll look like

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
Nice conversion!