Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 05:27:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1703211
  • Total Topics: 119263
  • Online Today: 615
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 541
Total: 545

Recent

Author Topic: Sellswords Fun in a Dungeon  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
Sellswords Fun in a Dungeon
« on: March 02, 2024, 11:22:43 PM »

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mastermind
Re: Sellswords Fun in a Dungeon
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 07:46:40 AM »
This looks awesome Graham.

I'm intending taking to the Tenfold Castle and Sewers in my VSF Gothic world at some point this year. Probably using Silver Bayonet rules.

Hope it works out as well as yours.

Offline Burgundavia

• Mad Scientist
    • Coreyburger.ca
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 09:30:11 PM »
I think you've played more with those dungeon rules than I have - fantastic to see and glad you're having fun with them. Was talking with Andrea about how to publish them - they are a bit too small to be released on their own, but not sure how to take them further.

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 08:19:06 AM »
I have had a blast with these, thanks for some fantastic ideas.

They would need expanding for publication. At the moment they are presented with your undead scenario. You could rewrite as generic rules and include the undead scenario as a separate intro example. Perhaps it would be an idea to offer several scenarios for different levels, say a couple of basic level, an intermediate and an elite level scenario. Or else offer a linked campaign (which might be more work).

I'll tidy up my notes and send you the games I produced for last weekend if you like, so you can see how I approached it for a more experienced party.

Offline Burgundavia

• Mad Scientist
    • Coreyburger.ca
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 05:43:26 PM »
I have had a blast with these, thanks for some fantastic ideas.

They would need expanding for publication. At the moment they are presented with your undead scenario. You could rewrite as generic rules and include the undead scenario as a separate intro example. Perhaps it would be an idea to offer several scenarios for different levels, say a couple of basic level, an intermediate and an elite level scenario. Or else offer a linked campaign (which might be more work).

I'll tidy up my notes and send you the games I produced for last weekend if you like, so you can see how I approached it for a more experienced party.

Love that. I've done some work to genericize it already, but love to see your notes. And yes, some easier method. Although I did try it with a 60 point, basic party built using the standard character creation rules and I survived. The Lost Adventurers saved my bacon by provided me with the crucial muscle at the key time.

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 03:05:36 AM »
Glad to hear it. What're the current rules? Even if they're specific for a scenario, that's good news.

Here's all I could find from Corey's site: "Sellwords usually works where you lay the whole board out in the beginning, so I had to create a way to have the dungeon, some foes and a few lost adventurers show up. I used a standard deck of cards and split it up – you’ll see the cards in the shots below. We tried two different versions – the first with 10 terrain pieces + 10 foe cards and then a second version with 6 of each. The second worked much better
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline Burgundavia

• Mad Scientist
    • Coreyburger.ca
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2024, 08:12:55 PM »
Glad to hear it. What're the current rules? Even if they're specific for a scenario, that's good news.

Here's all I could find from Corey's site: "Sellwords usually works where you lay the whole board out in the beginning, so I had to create a way to have the dungeon, some foes and a few lost adventurers show up. I used a standard deck of cards and split it up – you’ll see the cards in the shots below. We tried two different versions – the first with 10 terrain pieces + 10 foe cards and then a second version with 6 of each. The second worked much better

I shared them with Sunjester to playtest and they are currently with Andrea Sfiligoi right now. Busy chatting with him about how to release - it is only about 20 pages right now, so a bit light for a standalone supplement.

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 08:44:01 PM »
Good old dungeon adventures!  :-*

Thanks for sharing.