Forum > Fantasy Adventures

Empire Steam Tank.

(1/2) > >>

tin shed gamer:
A little speed painting this afternoon. Means this has only taken thirty years,two and half hours to colour in.
As the tank has been undercoated as well as it's base for years and been sat on the desk as a 'one day' project.  Today I nearly did myself a mischief cleaning the dust off it. So figured I'd take a break and start to colour it in.
Figured if I kept the pallet simple. I'd be able to continue painting it later in the month. Two and a half hours later it was painted based and varnished. Which was a bit of a surprise  lol

voltan:
Lovely work, though she does look like she's been out on the rain a bit too long. :P

It is a classic model and just iconic of the Empire.

sir_shvantselot:
It’s a conversion  isn’t it? Looks good.

tin shed gamer:
Voltan,
Thanks. I wanted a long campaign look to it. Simply because is easier to paint than New and Shiny( plus it's a good way to hid your brush sins in a little bit of weathering.)
It's sort of the aesthetic I'm giving to my Empire stuff . Not necessarily rust covered. But been on campaign and out doors for a long while.
Sir Shav'
Your absolutely correct it's tweaked.  Even from new the hatch cover was missing. So I used a Marauder Dark Elf shield as the starting point for a replacement.
I was never a fan of the solid wooden wheels. So I used a pair of Marauder Dwarf siege cannon wheels as they seemed to be a better fit.( Only in style as I had to adjust the axle height in order to level it out .)

Ultravanillasmurf:
Very nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version