Forum > Fantasy Adventures

Warhammer Renaissance

(1/3) > >>

Dr. Zombie:
For the longest time I have had a nostalgic urge to play old-school warhammer and Warhammer Renaissance has really hit the spot for me. It is a fan based set of rules based of 3rd and 4th editions of WFB but with some tweaks that makes units more useful than heroes and other characters. Read more about it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/229862157776959
So now I have taken the plunge and am building a High elf army. I am 3d printing everything. But it will be in the old 3rd/4th ed. aesthetic. I am even doing goblin green('ish) bases.

So without further beating around the bush. Here is my first painted unit of spearmen ready to take to the battlefields og the old world.

LouieN:
A nice looking unit. Also very old school

Cubs:
3rd-4th were definitely peak Warhammer for me. Oh, the hours I spent leafing through the big orange rulebook, writing army lists for armies that would never hit the table.

Onemanworkshop:
4th Edition was my favorite as well, nice colorful armies. I like the idea of sourcing STLs to remake the old style stuff, time to get searching...

Elbows:
Amusingly (also, perhaps poorly timed), my buddies convinced me to convert my ancients rules over to fantasy-capable, and now we're doing old school Warhammer inspired stuff too...just not using GW rules.

There are some solid STL's out there for sure.  It's tough to source even old plastic monopose since Old World is so popular right now.  People are asking comically stupid money for 7-8 broken monopose High Elves from 1994...lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version