Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:12:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689661
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mongrel Miniatures - still trading?  (Read 5188 times)

Offline Maldegen

• Assistant
Mongrel Miniatures - still trading?
« on: November 21, 2009, 07:37:01 PM »
http://www.mongrelminis.co.uk/
I sent several emails to Ian but haven't got any answers.
Does anybody know if MM is still into business or any other ways to get contact?
???
Ralf

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Mongrel Miniatures - still trading?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 08:16:15 PM »
Check a similar topic on TMP. I received my order a number of weeks ago. It took time but I would not worry

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 08:35:49 PM »
I must agree with Traveller, Ian will get to your order an I'm sure he will respond to you in due course.

Ian also has to replen stocks and this takes time from the caster.

It seems Ian alone is holding the flag up for Mongrel Miniatures.

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Maldegen

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 10:06:48 PM »
Thanks for keeping up my hope ... waiting now for 7 days without any message from him.
Weird, though.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 10:42:21 PM »
He is a serving Police Officer so it could be that his duty has taken him away, I would echo that Crouchie is very good so no need to worry

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 03:31:43 PM »
Thanks for keeping up my hope ... waiting now for 7 days without any message from him.
Weird, though.

As Lowtar said, Ian is a serving police officer, and acting as a distributor for Mongrel is only a part-time thing.  He is a decent guy, and will sort things out for you, i'm sure.

:)

No disrespect, but unfortunately, while, in the age of email we all expect an answer quicker than in the past, I expect he isn't sitting at his computer, just waiting for a message to appear, for him to answer.

Cue the usual torrent of abuse (associated with TMP), when these sort of issues are brought up (with the abuse normally from people who have never had any dealings, with the company in question, or who have never tried to run a business, while holding down another job at the same time)  ;)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 07:44:29 PM »

Cue the usual torrent of abuse (associated with TMP), when these sort of issues are brought up

Torrents of abuse are not the LAF way.
Cold, sinister silence, followed by 'special measures' is how such things are dealt with around here  ;)

Besides, if he's a copper, he's got to be honest as the day is long hasn't he? Stands to reason that... Fear not, you'll get your goodies once the crime wave has subsided  :)

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 08:13:47 PM »

and long may it continue!

:D

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 08:52:36 PM »
Cold, sinister silence, followed by 'special measures' is how such things are dealt with around here  ;)

Besides, if he's a copper, he's got to be honest as the day is long hasn't he? Stands to reason that... Fear not, you'll get your goodies once the crime wave has subsided  :)

Naturally, as an English Bobby Mr Crouch is beyond reproach. Of course the concepts of police officer and moral rectitude are not universally twinned in everyone's mind. Brazil and parts of Australia come to mind along with the dictum 'best police force money can buy'.  ;)
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Maldegen

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 09:38:22 PM »
Thanks for your answers, guys.
I didn't want to produce a torrent nor any trouble! Just asking if anybody had heard if Mongrel's still into business.
After reading your posts giving reference to Crouchie I'm confident enough that he will answer to my mails. Maybe he's also reading this here.

I also understand that one's job or other hindrances can seriously delay email correspondence. Actually I don't see a difference in the quality or duty to customer relationships whether you're running a business part-time or full-time. You're doing business! That's what I recognize when visiting the Mongrel's website.

And I think there are several ways to keep your customers informed when you're several days away, either on your webpage or as an auto-reply when getting mails.

I'm lucky that I didn't place an order for several dozen pounds already but trying to contact him beforehand. I often place orders right away when I see those shiny miniatures and PayPal buttons are making things so easy. But believe me, I would be more upset and anxious when my card had been debited already.

R.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 10:09:08 PM »
I think one of the problems is that Mongrel is now owned by a chap Stateside or Canada (the same fellow who has Pontoonier Miniatures IIRC) so stock is not always on hand these days

Offline pnweerar

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 02:30:08 AM »
Well if torrents of abuse aren't the LAF way, I can post a massively contrary opinion without any fear of being attacked by people far away, with the freedom to say whatever they like, with impunity, yes?  ;) .

Is it possible that your email is blocked by his server? It is not impossible that he is not getting your emails because he is simply not getting them. This happens to me sometimes.

If he is getting your emails, then if he  can't answer a business email within 24 hours, he shouldn't be in business.

Offline Maldegen

• Assistant
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 08:42:17 AM »

Is it possible that your email is blocked by his server? It is not impossible that he is not getting your emails because he is simply not getting them. This happens to me sometimes.

Could be. Although then it must be a very phobic spam-filter he's using. I placed "Afghanistan miniatures" and "Mongrel Miniatures" in the subject line. And to block all mails from gmail-accounts would be silly.

If he is getting your emails, then if he  can't answer a business email within 24 hours, he shouldn't be in business.

Totally agreed.

I think of placing a small test order, he should get a paypal notice that he received some quids, shouldn't he?

R.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:45:49 AM by Maldegen »

Offline Maldegen

• Assistant
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 07:17:49 PM »
Although then it must be a very phobic spam-filter he's using. I placed "Afghanistan miniatures" and "Mongrel Miniatures" in the subject line. And to block all mails from gmail-accounts would be silly.

I think of placing a small test order, he should get a paypal notice that he received some quids, shouldn't he?

Just to give you all a quick update:

I placed a small order yesterday morning. Haven't heard anything from him until this morning after I sent another email through second email account with yahoo. Ian responded 2 hours later. He received my yesterday's order and is going to dispatch the little men tomorrow.
All my other emails went into his spam folder.   o_o
I think he needs to have a serious talk with British Telecom.  >:D

R.