Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2024, 08:02:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1702400
  • Total Topics: 119200
  • Online Today: 617
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: When Nightmares Come -  (Read 989 times)

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
When Nightmares Come -
« on: June 17, 2024, 05:09:31 AM »
Last Tuesday we played Mission 2 in the The Oldest & Strongest Kind Case file.  Another fun game though not too much of a challenge.  Columbus took a well earned rest after his scare in Mission 1, we found some odd guy called Mork on the Dark Web to replace him for this one.
Narrative: Jay set a neighbouring warehouse on fire, successfully drawing away the police from the crime scene. Yoshi convinced the dock workers that the fire constituted a health violation under the union contract and that everyone was to go home with full pay. The Nightwatch  moves in to the crime scene.  A pentagram is chalked into the middle of what looks like a homeless encampment , with bodies seemingly arranged around them in a loose star shape
Turn 1
Jay sprints over over to the first point of interest and finds a shell hilted dagger. Silent Bob slowly moves towards another point of interest. Mork was shocked and amazed as a tentacle headed abomination moves towards him.
Turn 2
Yoshi finds some soggy clothing at the second POI, then shoots and slays the tentacled headed monster that was threatening Mork. Mork moves to a point of interest and finds some webbed footprints.  Jay sprints towards another monster, smashing his head into mushed Calimari with his trusty bat.
Turn 3
The Nexus is revealed, more Dark Spawn appear on the table, moving slowly.  Yoshi valiantly attempts to milk the Nexus for goop, failing all three attempts.  Mork tried to chuck a snare at a Dark Spawn, missed but there was a mighty explosion.  Jay takes down the closest portal.
Turn 4
Bob unleashes elemental fury, vaporizing 2 Dark Spawn.  Nano Nanu! Exclaims Mork in surprise as two Dark Spawn materialize next to him.  They slowly stumble towards him, getting stuck on a soiled mattress.  Mork lures the Dark Spawn across the table.
Turn 5
Dark Spawn converge on Mork, but stop, confused by the lure.   Yoshi attempts to close the nexus, failing twice. One more failure creates a terror. Jay rushes up to the Nexus and closes it.  Silent Bob labs an arcane bolt, taking out a Dark Spawn.
Turn 6
The team form a semi-circle around the Dark Spawn, who are so confused they cannot move forward.  Mork stuns the remaining darkspawn with an amazing fireworks display using a dazzler. Yoshi took out a Dark Spawn with his MP5K and Bob vaporized the rest with his last bit of mystical energy.
Mission ends, the team disappear into the shadows just before the Police and Dock Security return.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 11:04:22 PM by Sterling Moose »
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: When Nightmares Come -
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2024, 11:05:17 PM »
More pics can be found on the Stalker7 FB Group.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2024, 09:21:50 AM »
That looks like a fun game. I never knew there was a Mork figure, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised lol

I have the figures and scenery, I've read the rules, I really must try to do something about a game. Too many projects, not enough time :(

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2024, 05:19:27 PM »
That looks like a fun game. I never knew there was a Mork figure, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised lol

From the excellent folks at Crooked Dice

I have the figures and scenery, I've read the rules, I really must try to do something about a game. Too many projects, not enough time :(

I know its hard to make time.  I hope that you can make it happen

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2024, 06:55:31 PM »
Cool AAR.

Thanks.

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2024, 02:30:53 PM »
Not on Facebook, so good to see this. I must get around to having a game of WNC at some point.