Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:22:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: T&T Solitaire suitability question  (Read 3205 times)

Offline dooger

• Schoolboy
T&T Solitaire suitability question
« on: November 12, 2009, 08:09:38 AM »
Morning all,

I've just taken advantage of the recent Foundry sale and purchased a small mountain of lead from their excellent Darkest Africa range. I'm looking for a set of rules to use with them for small skirmish scenarios -the type of thing featured in the T&T site. Being card-driven I thought they might have good solitaire possibilities. There was a comment though in a review somewhere which implied that the players choose the order in which they play the cards before the turn begins which wouldn't be great if that was a crucial element, I don't think.
My question (at last!) is this; how suitable are the rules for solo gaming and/or has anyone any adaptions to cater for it?
Thanks   

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Re: T&T Solitaire suitability question
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 08:19:49 AM »
Hi,

there was another thread about solitaire T+T.Heres the link :

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=5293.0

When this post came earlier I was thinking about solo rules and Iam sure it will work.
You plan your phase just as normal. Your "oponent" can appear as special encounter randomly chosen from a chart that you have designed for the scenario. Another possibility is a deck of cards with actions deciding how your opponent will react.
I also liked Doomhippies idea with an offensive and defensive deck. Anyway....I will work something out... someday  ;)

Hope that helped a bit.
Cheers
Björn
, ,

Offline dooger

• Schoolboy
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 08:30:02 AM »
Hi Bjorn - thanks for coming back so quickly. I was just concerned you might say "It's not really suitable for x y and z reasons...", thanks for the link.
OK I'll get myself set up with Pardulon and get my order in for the rules and those skull piles they sell....I can see those in my "Rescue the Damsel from the head-hunting pygmies" scenario....
I'm sure I can find some paper thatched huts on the net somewhere, and then it'll just be a matter of converting the lead pile into painted figures...mmmm

Cheers
dooger   

former user

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 09:56:15 PM »
IMHO T&T is very suitable for solitary play, especially because You choose the order of activation for the units before the sequence, or You can deal them randomly, thus it is always very clear which unit is active and You can't "cheat" Yourself

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 10:02:41 AM »
Thats a simple and good idea former user  :)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 12:24:47 PM »
Hi Bjorn - thanks for coming back so quickly. I was just concerned you might say "It's not really suitable for x y and z reasons...", thanks for the link.
OK I'll get myself set up with Pardulon and get my order in for the rules and those skull piles they sell....I can see those in my "Rescue the Damsel from the head-hunting pygmies" scenario....
I'm sure I can find some paper thatched huts on the net somewhere, and then it'll just be a matter of converting the lead pile into painted figures...mmmm

Cheers
dooger   

Worldworks games sell some beautiful examples as part of their "Skull Cove" set:

http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=20

OK, $16.99 is a bit steep for some huts, but there are also canoes, a fort, small boats [suitable for Naval "Jolly Boats" etc] plus loads of scenery. Most of it is ideal fo Darkest Africa gaming and well worth the cost.

(edited for stupid spelling mistakes and the wrong price ::)  )
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 12:29:06 PM by Gluteus Maximus »