Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:20:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Some good suggestions for Lovecraft in space?;)  (Read 6202 times)

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
Re: Some good suggestions for Lovecraft in space?;)
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 10:51:23 AM »
I remember that WD scenario. It was played out using the Grenadier Space Marines and had a eagle transporter.

Yeah that's the one. It was called "The Last Log" and it was in issue 56.

Offline Lenin

• Assistant
    • Lenin's Library
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 01:58:04 PM »
I ran the Lost Log as a tabletop game a couple of years ago and you can see some photos from the game, taken and posted by my regular opponent and a fellow LAF member, here: http://picasaweb.google.com/whisperin.al/ScienceFiction#

For the rules I used an unofficial CoC to Savage Worlds conversion, but I now use a mix of Realms of Cthulhu and the Savage Worlds Science Fiction Toolkits to run all my sci-fi CoC games.

Cthulhu Rising has already been mentioned and in addition to the two downloads available from Chaosium there is a ton of free stuff, including several adventures, available from here: http://www.cthulhurising.co.uk/

Pete

Offline alone_withmyaxe

• Scientist
  • Cthulhu Hunter
    • My Minotaur army is only getting larger
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 09:43:54 PM »
Important to think about the isolation aspect of space, which is why it works so well as a scene. Whatever they have to face they have to face, as there is really nowhere to run.

Also depending on your gamers you could turn/posses one of your party who would then have to remove or turn the rest of the group for dark intent...

The accidental open portal is always good, they either have to close it or accidentally open it. Kind of Half Lifes plot.

Also it can be really science/mysticism based as it is unlikely to be military and have weapons.

I really like this idea and would love to know how it goes, I may have to steal it a lot lol

Saving the last bullet... just in case.

See my wonderful BLOG of stuff!

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 11:30:30 PM »
colony in space built over the ages covered alien servitor races city... while digging a new sewer line.....
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2009, 03:43:01 AM »
Or what about that ol' chestnut 'Enemy Mine' - Human and alien forced to help one another on a savage alien world...

Not seen that old gem in ages. Shame about Ghosts of Mars though, if that's right. Not seen it yet, but I have a folder on my computer with concept art for the colony which I rather liked.

Alien is beautiful. Period.

Dead Space is an excellent game and has a bunch of 'culty' elements to it already. Plenty of gribblies and other stuff to. Actually, I've been wanting to do a Dead Space-type project, but I am finding there is practically nothing useful that wouldn't require a pile of green stuff among other things. Why are proper astro/cosmonaut-types either very terrible sculpts or non-existent?

The animated film is interesting if not a tad inaccurate with its canon-crock-ups.

The Dead Space wiki is pretty comprehensive on everything pertaining to the Dead Space universe.

If anyone wants I can send them .rar with all the concept art and renders I have found from the DSU. And I will say right now that there is more material on there than you could find just through google-fu. I had to find the portfolios for some of the artists involved for some of it.

That's part of my two bits anyhoo.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 08:04:07 AM »
Agreed that Dead Space is a beautiful game, but HATED the control interface. Wanted a first person option, or a "just behind" option ala Assassins creed, but the "off to the side of the head" camera was just a nightmare for me. My loss, I guess. Partly, I just wanted to be able to see all that beautiful detail up close.

-Doc