Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:34:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690916
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: What other miniatures/factions would you like to see?  (Read 26718 times)

Offline Baldrick

• Bookworm
Re: What other miniatures/factions would you like to see?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 01:09:41 AM »
I would like to think that a beatnik gang would have a person that looks like Bob Denver.

I'd like to see some Tiki loungers, business men, the Royal Order of the Water Buffalo, housewives living lives of quiet desperation, instead of JFK, Senator Margaret Chase Smith (she gave an impassioned speech in the Senate renouncing the divisiveness and fear-mongering caused by McCarthyism), civil rights protesters and Communist 5th columnists.  On the celebrity front, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, John Wayne, Marlin Brando (maybe as a bloater??), Jane Russell, and Mr. B Natural.

Whatever comes out, I would like to see more 1950s women.
I have a cunning plan... as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 06:07:33 AM »
Honestly, after looking over the rules, I'd like:

- Rules for vehicular combat (the current rules are fairly basic, and not much different from the ones in the rattrap adventures games). I'd like rules for guns firing from vehicles, improvised armor, that sort of thing. Just doesn't seem post-apocalyptic without it. Not a factional thing, necessarily, but could be supported with various weapons packs for upgrading vehicles on the market.

- I'd like to see the gangs currently out supported with special rules and finished before others are added. There are still some figures missing, and special rules haven't been done up for all the figs, so it would be nice to have these in hand.

- Once that's done, there was mention  of a space cult involving a monkey in a space suit. Sounds like fun to me. Maybe some astronauts or cosmonauts? Idunno.

-Doc

Offline Baldrick

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 05:55:17 PM »
Strangely enough, I have the monkey in a space suit...  (that's something else we could use, Cosmonauts and Astronauts)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 06:03:04 PM »
- Rules for vehicular combat (the current rules are fairly basic, and not much different from the ones in the rattrap adventures games). I'd like rules for guns firing from vehicles, improvised armor, that sort of thing. Just doesn't seem post-apocalyptic without it. Not a factional thing, necessarily, but could be supported with various weapons packs for upgrading vehicles on the market.

These are in the final rulebook. The basic rules on the Brigade forum do not cover them and were never intended to.

- Once that's done, there was mention  of a space cult involving a monkey in a space suit. Sounds like fun to me. Maybe some astronauts or cosmonauts? Idunno.

There is "something" in the works. :)
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 06:06:56 PM »
some of them very cool, like this one

but 1:43... :'(

Each to there own Prof.   I see you went with 1/64th which I think is far too small with 28mm. My preference is 1/43rd when 1/50th is not an option.
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 08:10:01 PM »
These are in the final rulebook. The basic rules on the Brigade forum do not cover them and were never intended to.

There is "something" in the works. :)

I've looked at the main rules. I don't see anything about armor, vehicle mounted weapons, etc.  But maybe they aren't in the current set being offered by Brigade?

-Doc

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 08:23:12 PM »
Curious. Does the set you were given have stats for the three different vehicle types?

If it does, you will see that listed at the bottom should be upgrades available to each type. Guns and armor are listed there as upgrades. Armor is just an increase to Toughness so that you can model this however you would like.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 04:29:40 AM »
Each to there own Prof.   I see you went with 1/64th which I think is far too small with 28mm. My preference is 1/43rd when 1/50th is not an option.

Grimm has some 1/64 cars for his table and they actually look good. But I'm going to buy one or another 1/43 car just to compare.

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 03:02:30 PM »
I would like to see a Boy Scout troop and from a picture posted here... The Rat Pack!  And Ed Sulivan as a single figure...

Darkoath

Offline Baldrick

• Bookworm
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2009, 05:26:13 PM »
The first Rat Pack is different from the guys who did the Summit at the Sands (the second Rat Pack).  It would be great to have figures of Sinatra, Lauren Bacall, David Niven, Humphrey Bogart, Spencer Tracy, Kathrine Hepburn and Cary Grant.  Bogart died in 1957.

The second Rat Pack consisted of Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis jr., Peter Lawford (until '62), Norman Fell (briefly) and Joey Bishop.  The term pack was never used by this group - they called themselves the Summit or the Clan - it was given to them by the press.  They also called several people who hung around with them "Mascots" and that would include Marilyn Monroe and Angie Dickinson.

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 05:34:36 PM »
!/50th is an option as the Hotwheels Custom Classics are produced in this scale all mine bought from ebay, with postge about £10.00 per car, cheaper if you buy in bulk. I will post some comparison picks at end of week when I create thread for my own AC57 painted figures (just need to finish Greasers as have painted Army).

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2009, 09:16:51 PM »
I would like to think that a beatnik gang would have a person that looks like Bob Denver.

Like Maynard G. Krebs, more specifically... ;)

(Frankly, the Hasselfree Miniatures figure Wolsey (Shaggy) is already 90% of the way there, though...)>
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 02:11:51 AM »
Hopheads! I want a gang of refer maniacs!

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2009, 10:16:34 PM »
What about a Lucha libre wrestler special character ?

ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708