Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:13:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690897
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Zombie Characters/Bosses (Tengu stuff added 22/03/2011)  (Read 22477 times)

Offline blackstone

• Mastermind
    • Toad King Castings
Great stuff. The chargers are excellent and the lickers even better. Your sculpting on the lickers' brains looks top notch btw! :)

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
Great stuff. The chargers are excellent and the lickers even better. Your sculpting on the lickers' brains looks top notch btw! :)

Thanks for the feedback Blackstone.  I have been wary of sculpted elements for years but I got a real kick out of sculpting bits on the Licker and Chargers.  I am glad that you reckon that the sculpted bits worked out ok :)

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
Excellent sculpting work there, Cheetor, and a fantastic project. It's great to see how things go from inspiration to painted models, and this thread shows that process really well. Looking forward to more, needless to say!
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
I've been wanting those Pardulon Shamblers for some time...

Wonderful additions to your increasingly cool collection.

I envy your productivity.

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
It's great to see how things go from inspiration to painted models, and this thread shows that process really well.

Im glad that you like it Hawkeye.  I like seeing parts of the process in other peoples projects and so I like to include a little part of that here too :)

Looking forward to more, needless to say!

It looks like it will be Boomers next, following the pattern suggested by Warrenss2 earlier in the thread by using Heroclix Blob and Horrorclix Bertha. 
I dont know when I will get around to them though, as I want to buy some sculpting tools and Procreate and the like before I work on them, but my dork budget is finite.  So the Boomers are on hold for a little while.

I also keep getting distracted by other projects (like space monkeys, post-apocalyptic things and bug-hunts for example).

But probably Boomers or a Tank or a Boss from House of the Dead:Overkill next.

Quote from: Supervike
I've been wanting those Pardulon Shamblers for some time...

I like the creepy look that they have, but I did have issues with flash and mould lines as I mentioned.  They are a good price and like I said, I really do like the twisted, painful and eerie poses.  I recommend the Twisted Shamblers, but with a couple of reservations.  I should have painted mine a little better too, but I ran out of patience.

Thanks for the encouragement guys  :D

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 08:36:07 AM by cheetor »

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
Great work Cheetor your sculpting looks just fine. You should try some more sculpting.

Rob

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
Rather than start another new thread about my own same stuff I am adding a couple more of my zombie characters here.  Let me know if I am in breach of forum rules/etiquette please

I painted up some Tengu figures recently, all with a Left 4 Dead theme.  I had mixed levels of success with them, but I will let you guys be the judge.  The figures were fun to paint though (Tengu figures are great), even if I screwed up some elements a bit more than usual.

First a Witch...

...then a Spitter...

...and finally a Boomer.

I know that I botched up some of the painting on these to a regrettable degree.  I am not going to strip and repaint them though, I couldnt face it.  I would rather paint something else.  They are painted to a decent enough level to game with but I do wish that I could rewind just a couple of steps on the Spitter and Boomer.

Explanations as to why I made the choices that I did regarding paint schemes etc can be found on my blog in these posts if anyone is interested.  I wont repeat my ramblings here.

Witch
Spitter
Boomer

Comments and criticisms all very welcome :)

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
Re: Zombie Characters/Bosses (Tengu stuff added 22/03/2011)
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2011, 06:23:22 AM »
The effect on that boomer is especially vile. :)
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Re: Zombie Characters/Bosses (Tengu stuff added 22/03/2011)
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2011, 03:18:29 AM »
Holy crap!  Just seeing those immediately conjurred up the L4D sound effects for each character.

Nicely done.  I'm green with envy! (and boomer bile)