Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:18:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690650
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Terminator inspired future modern/post apoc Project: Mototerminator progress  (Read 33069 times)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Impressive conversion!  8)

Offline mattblackgod

• Mad Scientist
  • Post Apocalyptic Nut Job
    • Post Apoc Wargames Forum
Looks great - unpainted I can see how the parts go together.
Mattblackgod's world - Games and minis blog.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
Nice job on the bike...different enough to be unique but similar enough to tie in with the rest of the project.

...of course, I don't condone the use of those Void bikes for conversions...I have been painstakingly trawling E-bay for years to build up enough to put together a 'cavalry' force... ;) .

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Nice job on the bike...different enough to be unique but similar enough to tie in with the rest of the project.

...of course, I don't condone the use of those Void bikes for conversions...I have been painstakingly trawling E-bay for years to build up enough to put together a 'cavalry' force... ;) .

You don't want to know what I've done with two of the three riders then.... ;)

Cheers guys, really pleased with this, just need to finish it off then I can move to moto two
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Last little play tonight, added ammo belts from the chainguns to the bike,

A few more plasti-rod sections in the spaces left in the engine block section and a clean up of the green stuff and that's about it.

Will give it a final wet and dry going over for the last few mould lines before undercoating.

Cheers

The Commander

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
I've been a fan of that Void bike for years! That's a cracking conversion too.
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline Connectamabob

• Mastermind
I really like this. I think this actually looks much better than the actual film version, as IMO the idea of the bike looking like a terminator skeleton was waaaaay too cartoony, and you've actually dodged that pretty well while keeping the "early SkyNet" Look of the film.

I know that's kind of the opposite of what you were actually going for, but it looks great precisely because of that IMO. I hope that doesn't come off as a left-handed compliment: I really like what you've done.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:48:19 AM by Connectamabob »
History viewed from the inside is always a dark, digestive mess, far different from the easily recognizable cow viewed from afar by historians.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Not at all mate cheers, reading through the artwork book, the design team in the end wanted to play down the whole terminator on a bike thing, much like the aerostats and hydrobots and moto-terminators: why should terminators designed for air recon, water and fast road pursuit look human, skynet's niche evolution works with me.

Cheers

The Commander

Offline Connectamabob

• Mastermind
:) Cool.

Yeah, that was pretty much my thoughts: useform robots for different jobs is the natural way SkyNet would go. The Termies only look anthro because their mission profile calls for it.

It did seem to me the bikes looked different on screen than they do in the concept art, but I never got a really good look while watching the movie, and the only pics I've ever found online have been the anthro-bike version you posted earlier. I did notice the harvester definitely looks way different in the film than it does in the commonly circulated art: the art uses a lot of scaled up T-800 parts cut-and-pasted together, but the on screen version is definitely it's own design.

I rather liked most of the early SkyNet hardware in the film. IMO it did a good job of looking like earlier, less advanced generations of the T1/T2 stuff. For some reason I particularly fell in love with the big proto-HK defense towers guarding the VLA and the factory complex (that, and the hydrobots' point cloud vision). Are you planning on doing some of those? I've had a hard time finding pics of them online, does the "Art Of" book show them at all?

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
The book is well worht getting, lovely full panel concept, airbrush and digital shots of everything. Perfect reference for any project.

Using toy T1's as tracked HK's and one of the resin tracked HK's f(sideshow's) from the Terminator/T2 future scenes. Will have a go at hydrobots at some stage, also looking at some of the Terminator salvation xbox game only Terminators (GZG should have some useful stuff).

Cheers

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
talking about "Not in the Movie" Terminators,will you also do some early Skynet Stuff like the T-350/400? (from the Dawn of Fate Game)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
talking about "Not in the Movie" Terminators,will you also do some early Skynet Stuff like the T-350/400? (from the Dawn of Fate Game)

Probably T-7T's from the salvation game as I think Ground Zero Games has 15mm walker drones that are perfect for the job.

Offline Anpu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Life in the vault is about to change...
Probably T-7T's from the salvation game as I think Ground Zero Games has 15mm walker drones that are perfect for the job.
Do you have a picture?

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Do you have a picture?

No but google is your friend! :D

Offline Anpu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Life in the vault is about to change...
Those I know but not what gzg has that could be used for it...  ;)