Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:04:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690842
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Grekwoods 15mm Napoleonics  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Grekwood

• Librarian
    • Grekwoods Blog
Grekwoods 15mm Napoleonics
« on: December 13, 2009, 01:44:48 PM »
i've been redescovering my 15mm napoleonics  8) most of them i bought about 8ish years ago now... my armies were based on historical numbers rather than any rules/army list... so i have over a thousand minis an army.. it seemed like a good idea at the time when we had a 8' x 4' table to play on, but then we moved, now we have a 4'x4' table covered in stuff  :(
i have both armies for the british and french 1815ish.... trouble is i've still not painted them  lol so the plan is to try and paint them now... so i'll try and update the thread as and when i finish stuff etc etc........... i still need to find my old notes and army lists  :? when i do i'll convert them to pdf and upload them to the web.

the armies are worked at about 1 figure = 20 men...

some of my unpainted 15mm british napoleonic infantry.... about 19 infantry btns (not regiments, abt 2 of my btns = 1 reg ) .. over 700 miniatures to paint :/ this does not include the several Kings german legion btns i have, light btns or the cavalry regiments i have unpainted... i also have about 20 artillary guns, rockets etc :/

3 painted 15mm british napoleonic btns, painted these about 6 or 7 years ago now :/

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
Re: Grekwoods 15mm Napoleonics
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 01:52:12 PM »
I always find photos of masses of unpainted lead quite discouraging.  Always keep mine out of sight and just paint the few I can see.  Psychology.   ;)

The photos of the painted lead, on the other hand, is very impressive.   :)

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 05:23:18 PM »
 :-*

Ahhhh... 15mm!

The Brits look great and spoiling for a fight!

What manufacturer did the minis?

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 07:09:52 PM »
I think my psychology is different to Orctraders :) I love mountains of unpainted lead - makes me want to paint more! :D

Keep us upadted on your progress - I take it you dug these out to distract you from all those daleks?

Offline Grekwood

• Librarian
    • Grekwoods Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 07:35:08 PM »
I always find photos of masses of unpainted lead quite discouraging.  Always keep mine out of sight and just paint the few I can see.  Psychology.   ;)

it depends on my mood.... sometimes i think great i really want to get those painted, other days i look at the lead mountain and ... oh bother i'm never going to get them done .  :)

:-*

Ahhhh... 15mm!

The Brits look great and spoiling for a fight!

What manufacturer did the minis?

the riflemen are essex miniatures .... the highlanders and other infantry are old glory 15s, except the officers in greatcoats who are essex.

I think my psychology is different to Orctraders :) I love mountains of unpainted lead - makes me want to paint more! :D

Keep us upadted on your progress - I take it you dug these out to distract you from all those daleks?

actually these are the painting project i plan on doing after i've finished the daleks, the plan is to fit them inbetween some sculpting and other bits and bobs  8)

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 09:13:07 AM »

Absolutely - that lead pile would scare the hell out of me. Much better hidden in a box under the desk until you need them!

Anyway, three British battalions down and 19 to go - you should be able to polish those off in the next couple of weeks, and still have time to get back to the Tardis in time for the Doctor Who Christmas special, right?  ;)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 02:16:20 PM »

I'm with Keeper on this... Lead mountain also make me want to paint more lol
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 07:57:36 PM »

The photos of the painted lead, on the other hand, is very impressive.   :)

I tried that. After a couple of weeks I couldn't remember where I'd put them. Maybe I should have just bought a chest of drawers to put them in >:(

I'm still finding long-lost boxes of figures, so it's like having my own little Christmas evry few weeks  lol