Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:21:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Airbrush or not  (Read 5626 times)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Re: Airbrush or not
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 01:44:25 PM »
Not bad. Would be a bargain. Tempting. Will have to have a think about it.

That one is very similar if not the very same as the one I've got. I hear getting a good compressor pays off in the end, but this model has served me well although not that high powered.

What I have found is that the most important thing about airbrushing is that you need practice to get the combination of paint dillution, pigmentation, airflow and paintflow just so.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 03:11:08 PM »
That one is very similar if not the very same as the one I've got. I hear getting a good compressor pays off in the end, but this model has served me well although not that high powered.

What I have found is that the most important thing about airbrushing is that you need practice to get the combination of paint dillution, pigmentation, airflow and paintflow just so.

I supose it is better to use two or three thin coats of paint, than to try one thick coat.

Offline Cheeky Monkey

• Librarian
  • no matter where you go,there you are
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 04:41:35 PM »
That's not too bad of a kit for the money. That being said - the compressor would be the one weak spot in the deal. A better compressor is a must if you are going to be using it a lot. Doing terrain can take quite a bit of time when using a small hobby compressor like the one shown. I would look for something like this   
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=97080&CategoryName=AIR COMPRESSORS AND ACCESSORIES&SubCategoryName=Air Compressors
its small, light weight, and shuts off once the tank reaches full pressure so you don't have to listen to the noise all the time your spraying. And Gluteus is right - it is much better to use several light coats of paint rather than one heavy one. It  avoids runs in your paint and you have better control of color depth. Hope this helps.
If pro is the opposite of con, what is the opposite of progress ?
http://miniaturerealities.weebly.com