Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:10:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for greatcoats to convert for FMA  (Read 5632 times)

former user

Re: Looking for greatcoats to convert for FMA
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 12:06:36 AM »
there are also sentinel driver arms and tank crew arms without shoulderpads

but anyway, check availability and remember, even GW plastics are bulkier than historical miniatures  :D

oh, yes - fantasy imperial militia arms might come useful too  ;)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 08:57:26 PM »
I know next to nothing about Napoleonic uniforms so any pointers would be appreciated.
I think some of the Napoleonic’s also have those coats on them?

The Perry brothers have some Pictures of their French plastics :
http://www.perry-miniatures.com/index2.html
Half the figures look to be in greatcoats, but they have muskets integral to the cast.

Victrix don't seem to have pictures, but a box of 60 figures for £19.95 is a good price :
http://www.victrixlimited.co.uk/online_shop/product_info.php?products_id=59&osCsid=1c9244ee6051b9070157fef58158240e

Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »
Warlord games has both of those, and I think my local game store has had warlord boxes in the past, so perhaps I could order them trough him.

Actually, I was wondering of American civil war plastics from Perry miniatures wouldn’t be easier. I might just be falling for the color here,  but perhaps not. My main problem with them is the pouch and its strap they have crossing their torso. It goes the wrong way, for my purposes. Anybody know how hard it would be to remove that from about 15+ models?

But in any case I think I will go with victrix models, they have separate heads and arms so they are easier to convert to more modern rifles and heads, And with somewhere between 45 and 60 in a box, there should be enough appropriate bodies, even if I screw up a few.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 04:21:54 PM »
I’m still not decided upon which to use. The AMC’s are bearded fellows the lot of them. and the soldiers I’m going for are all blond hair blue eyes brats. (yes they are based on the Germans) 

The whole uniform I can sculp, but I am not confident enough of my skill at human proportions and I really cant do faces. Hands I am ok at. So I guess I should look for the set that has the best faces and perhaps headgear and then go at the bodies with my dremel so that I can resculpt the majority of them.

Does any company make plastic soldier “blanks” so to speak by any chance?