Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:46:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690916
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Puerility alert: Botswanian travel report  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Puerility alert: Botswanian travel report
« on: January 03, 2010, 12:44:35 PM »
The kid in me giggled appreciatively to this Lady's account of meeting a elephant bull:

A majestic elephant bull walked directly in front of me, then paused to browse. Slowly he turned until all I could see was his rounded rump.

Then he farted, a booming, thunderous phluuut that almost blasted me from my hammock. As I watched, his rear aperture enlarged and from it emerged a great, steaming, never-ending golden-brown turd. Then another ... and yet another.

I was mesmerised.

Bearing in mind that you are what you eat and considering that an average elephant consumes 300kg of food a day, it was not surprising that this mound of pachyderm excrement was a big time production in every sense of the word.

But that flatulence, could it really have been as loud as I imagined? Yes, because when the final dropping parted ways with its maker, he farted again, a cracking, loud, proud phluuut causing a flock of red-billed francolin to scatter.

What a lad, I thought to myself. Then, as if to prove the point, his reproductive organ began to grow until it almost reached the ground.

So close was he that through my binoculars I could only see a small section of him at a time. His creased, wrinkled skin with its sparse, bristly hairs, his hazel eyes, his long eyelashes, the clump of hairs poking from his ear orifices, visible as he flapped his great ears.

His stomach rumbled, then, flatulating explosively, he walked towards the waterhole to join three other bulls. Who, as is only right for might, gave way to this giant among elephants.

I leapt from the hammock and wrote in my notebook: "Almost deafened by a flatulent elephant."

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: Puerility alert: Botswanian travel report
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 04:47:54 PM »
 lol  lol  Fantastic, it puts a whole new perspective on the most majestic of African animals  lol  lol

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline answer_is_42

• Mastermind
  • Mostly Harmless.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 07:09:59 PM »
Interesting...
Where is that from?
I told you so. You damned fools.
 - H.G. Wells

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 07:43:51 PM »
Interesting...
Where is that from?

Odd story: Being Swedish First Language I now and then need to look up a English word or two. There is a chain of Asian restaurants in Stockholm called 'Pong'. I had an notion this was, from a English speaking perspective, not an ideal name for a food establishment so I googled it. This article by a lady traveller in Botswana confirmed my notion pretty well, don't you agree?  :)

(I am especially attached to the "What a lad!" comment.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:45:22 PM by Hammers »

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 11:09:56 PM »
You are certainly correct about "Pong", Hammers.

Once upon a time in Egypt I was on a Nile steamer and met a Chinese girl by the name of Pong Mei. An older Scottish lady who happened to share the same dining table as Pong and myself had such an aversion to the negative connotations of the word in English, that upon meeting the girl immediately announced that "We can't possibly call you that. Do you mind if we call you May?"

This I thought was the height of Colonial-style insensitive rudeness. I had to look at my pocket watch to check that it was 1997 rather than 1897. Fucking bitch.

(And yes, I do live in an Agatha Christie novel, and may well be the murderer.  :))
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

former user

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 11:24:23 PM »
so, gardening is Your profession?  ;)

How can be someone be so fascinated with an elefant bull crapping.... (I refer to the travelling lady)
I for my part would hardly lie relaxed in a hammock if an elefant bull was that close that I could hear it fart...
apart from experiencing an interesting encounter myself there are a lot of true stories about how dangerous these animals are...

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 08:09:50 AM »
so, gardening is Your profession?  ;)

How can be someone be so fascinated with an elefant bull crapping.... (I refer to the travelling lady)
I for my part would hardly lie relaxed in a hammock if an elefant bull was that close that I could hear it fart...
apart from experiencing an interesting encounter myself there are a lot of true stories about how dangerous these animals are...

I don't think she was relaxing in it. From her account it seems she was all but blasted out of it. While enjoying it, my inner amateur Freudian tells me, in what seems to be a rather suppressed sexual way.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 08:34:50 AM »
Yeah she has a poo fetish lol ;D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous