Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:57:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 738
Total: 741

Recent

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3276 times)

Offline Nimh

• Lurker
Hello
« on: January 07, 2010, 07:18:51 AM »
Hi there,

I've been a lurker for quite some time on this board. I was enticed here quite some time ago by my perusal of the Professor's painting skills and followed my nose here. I figured I should post something as I let my forum membership lapse the last time.

Who am I? I'm a University student who has endeavored to paint his own small mound of lead. I have very little actually painted. I seem to get these grand ideas of painting and playing, and I don't get going. I suppose I am a great procrastinator and get distracted easily.

My current interest is in PP's Warmachine, but I have a box or two full of other miniatures. I'm much more into the miniatures than playing. The characterful sculpts always catch my eye.

I'll stop my babbling.  :D

Thanks for having me!

- Terry

former user

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 07:32:00 AM »
good morning and hello, welcome

it appears that membership in this forum encreases Your painted Mini count, so don't worry ;)

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 11:30:13 AM »
Welcome aboard!

Don't worry, I share your problem, I have a tiny attention span for projects - I'm too easily distracted by all the cool stuff everyone on here does!

Offline General Roos

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 11:32:34 AM »
Welcome!  :)
Current projects:
A Fistful of Kung Fu

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 11:57:47 AM »
Welcome aboard, Nimh.  You sound just like most of us mere mortals on here :) I'm sure you'll fit right in!

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 05:55:38 PM »
Welcome!
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn.And the scabbard thrown away!' -Cry of the People by John G Neihardt.

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 07:17:34 PM »
I have very little actually painted. I seem to get these grand ideas of painting and playing, and I don't get going. I suppose I am a great procrastinator and get distracted easily.

I know how you feel! :)

And welcome aboard! Where abouts are you situated?
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Nimh

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 06:09:42 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome.  :)

it appears that membership in this forum increases Your painted Mini count, so don't worry ;)

I hope so!

And welcome aboard! Where abouts are you situated?

I live in the Vancouver area currently.

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 03:02:01 AM »
Another Canuck! Even better, another BC-coast Canuck. (I'm overseas in Victoria myself.)

There's talk of a LAFmeet of some sort at Trumpeter Salute in Burnaby in March; I might even be running a pulp game there if I get organized.

LAF will probably increase your painted-mini count, and likely the quality of your painting, but it will also almost certainly increase your purchased-mini count. Peer pressure is a terrible, wonderful thing.  lol

Welcome!

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 04:37:08 AM »
Pah, you're all on the other side of the mountains... :(

former user

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 07:15:16 AM »
is "Canuck" how canadians call themselves? or people from BC?
just curious

I read that BC has one of the highest population densities in CA, so it would be no wonder if there were a lot of wargamers. How many of You are there here on LAF?

EDIT: just looked it up

so, where is the miniature?  ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:24:55 AM by bedwyr »

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 07:08:12 PM »
just curious

Nuuuu. Though don't ask me, I live in the rural part. Well, the rural part that's mostly eastern European and Asiatic; the Chinese food place is run by Taiwanese and the cook is Vietnamese, and most of us cook at home instead of frequenting the Polish restaurant.

'Canuck' seems more of something encountered to the east than west.

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 06:07:19 AM »
just curious

"Canuck" is the most common nickname for Canadians, although as Bako said, it might be slightly more an eastern Canada thing than a western one. (not sure what my excuse is, as I basically grew up in BC...)

Bako's description of Canada's random ethnic mix is pretty true across the whole country, though. There's a wide cross-section of the world calling themselves Canucks these days.

I read that BC has one of the highest population densities in CA, so it would be no wonder if there were a lot of wargamers.

Total population of BC is only just over 3 million; there are a LOT of those 3mill in the Vancouver area, so that likely drives our population density up. Ontario & Quebec are far more populous overall, though.

BC makes up for having fewer people by being generally more awesome than elsewhere in Canada, though. Or at least we're noisier.  :D

former user

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 06:41:03 AM »
that's what I hear  ;)

IMHO, an ethnic mix is the best You can get.
I am not a native of Cologne, but been living here for the last 15 years and have frequently visited for at least 5 years before, and I liked it from the start.

Might have something to do with the city being the oldest in Northern Europe (2000 y) and having carried the ethnicity mixing over from Roman times. Of course every city is special in its way, but C is for this aspect, between others.

wonder how it is in Ca, cause I have only theory in that matter  8)