Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:53:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Twilight] Painted Devanu (and comments on Hasslefree Miniatures)  (Read 2869 times)

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
Well, I got my Twilight minis from Hasslefree miniatures last night and managed to glue and prime a few last night, and paint them before work and finish them up tonight.  Needless to say I started with the easy models, the Grishak, and then moved on to the Devanu (because I only have 2 ;)).  Now it’ll be a while before I can paint again since my super glue is obviously old and nothing wants to stick without holding it for about 10 minutes (very annoying!), but figured I’d what I got finished the first day (I’m not great…but I’m fast!).

Before I show the pic, a few comments on Hassle Free miniatures.  First off, they are very easy to deal with and friendly (they obviously like what they do).  Second, I got extremely fast shipping considering I’m in the USA and they are in the UK. And it only took 1 week (although I do credit some of that to the excellent United States Postal Service and their constant strives for excellence ;)).  Third, the miniatures they send are very well protected.  At first, I was surprised to get them in a bubble wrap envelope instead of a box, but each miniature was individually bagged and wrapped in bubble wrap, an they all arrived in excellent condition.  I wish I could say the same for my rule book which wasn’t protected at all.  The (Twilight) rule book itself is beautiful, but it’s marred by bends and dings from the shipping and where miniatures dug into it.  Most people probably wouldn’t mind…but most people aren’t as anal as me when it comes to the condition of my books (I have heavily used books from 25 years ago that still look mint).  Oh well, overall I give Hassle free an “A”.  If the rule book had been between two pieces of cardboard they would have gotten an “A+”.

In this scene, the Devanu Sempa has seen a weakness in the Kopa, and has moved in for the attack.  The Grishak know there is only one way this fight will end, and they close in to enjoy feasting on the looser…

Mice-Aat-Arms Miniatures and Rules: https://rrbminis.com/mice-at-arms/

Offline Crudeboy

• Librarian
Re: [Twilight] Painted Devanu (and comments on Hasslefree Miniatures)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 03:25:22 AM »
Man, the more I see of these miniatures and the game itself, the more interesting it becomes.

Great paint job, by the way.   :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 03:30:58 AM »
Nice
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 03:33:45 AM »
Man, the more I see of these miniatures and the game itself, the more interesting it becomes.

Great paint job, by the way.   :)

Once I get the rest of the minis painted up I'll do a battle report and give you some honest opinions/review.  I like the minis, like the rules...but the real proof is in how much fun it is in actual game play.

(of course, I'm ordering another couple hundred dollars of minis first...so that should tell you what I think of the minis :))

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 08:42:08 AM »

...I wish I could say the same for my rule book which wasn’t protected at all.  The (Twilight) rule book itself is beautiful, but it’s marred by bends and dings from the shipping and where miniatures dug into it... 

Have you told Sally at HF?  They are highly responsive to customer feedback.

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 11:56:57 AM »
Have you told Sally at HF?  They are highly responsive to customer feedback.

I can live with it.  Im sure they would replace it if I asked, but I like the service I've gotten enough that I don't want to burden a relitively small company and dip into thier profits by asking them to send another book all the way to the USA.

Besides, the rules in thier current state are somewhere between playtest and finished.  There are going to be lots of supplements and continued playtesting and feedback over on the Forum of Doom...so I expect we will see a much more "complete" rule book in the future (If the presentation of a large rule book is as cool as the small one then I can't wait).

Online JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 04:26:12 PM »
Those are brilliant! I can't believe you've got them done so quickly!  :-*

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 09:42:36 PM »
Yes, they are beautifully done. What with the terrain and these lovely figures, you will have a superb-looking game  :D

Offline Crudeboy

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 09:29:56 AM »
Once I get the rest of the minis painted up I'll do a battle report and give you some honest opinions/review.  I like the minis, like the rules...but the real proof is in how much fun it is in actual game play.

(of course, I'm ordering another couple hundred dollars of minis first...so that should tell you what I think of the minis Smiley)

Awesome. I'd like to see how it plays. Looking forward to this.

I really have no doubt about the quality of the minis. I've recently become a big fan of Hasslefree's stuff. I not too long ago bought one of the guys in their 'Adventurer's' line for a SuperSystem character and was quite impressed. A little small compared to a few Reaper Chronoscope figures I'd gotten for said SuperSystem team, but still not too shabby at all.