Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:13:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Khosindan forces on Atlantis  (Read 8350 times)

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
Re: Khosindan forces on Atlantis
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 12:10:03 PM »
How in the nine hells did you remove the bobble from the top of the wind-up walker? I've had no luck and I don't want to break it :(

McDonalds decided to secure the two halves of the body with a secure screw; one with a triangular 'slot'. Presuamably this was to avoid law suits from parents of inquisitive screwdriver weilding toddlers who'd disassembled one and choked on the parts! :)

I made a triangular ended bar by grinding down an old dentists tool with my dremel and unscrewed the body. If you don't fancy making a diy Triangudriver(TM) I think they can be bought. The side of the triangle is about 4mm.

The good thing about taking it apart is that you can invert the body so that the big hole left by Syndrome is at the bottom. Although I didn't do this on the model above, I have done it on two subsequent versions (work in progress, photo soon).

A disassembled toy showing the useful bits from inside

Shot of the triangular headed screw

Hope that helps - good luck with your version.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:15:58 PM by Dr De'Ath »
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 12:34:06 PM »
Latest addition to the Caliph's forces;

The MkII Jihad Impervious Suit, made by Dirka Dirka Industries. The original Mk I had external india rubber hoses carrying the fuel to the flamer which were often cut during close combat at great inconvenience to all involved, the Mk II now has integral tubing. Also, the original crushed velvet lining of the driver's compartment has been replaced with leather. This was in response to comments from the maintenance crews who were having problems removing blood and oil stains from the velvet.

Body is another Mage Knight golem with the head removed and a cockpit drilled out. The cockpit and driver's shoulders are green stuff, and the head is from a Foundry indian muntineer. Same paint finish as the automatons above.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 12:49:29 PM »
Wonderful stuff Mark. I really like this force, suitably different from the usual Brits/Prussians etc. ;D

I am looking forward to giving them a taste of cold British steel in a couple of weeks. ;)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »

McDonalds decided to secure the two halves of the body with a secure screw; one with a triangular 'slot'. Presuamably this was to avoid law suits from parents of inquisitive screwdriver weilding toddlers who'd disassembled one and choked on the parts! :)

I made a triangular ended bar by grinding down an old dentists tool with my dremel and unscrewed the body. If you don't fancy making a diy Triangudriver(TM) I think they can be bought. The side of the triangle is about 4mm.

The good thing about taking it apart is that you can invert the body so that the big hole left by Syndrome is at the bottom. Although I didn't do this on the model above, I have done it on two subsequent versions (work in progress, photo soon).

***SNIPPAGE***

Shot of the triangular headed screw

Hope that helps - good luck with your version.

Second post; you may remove the kid gloves...

REALLY well done! I've a few of legged balls as well, and it's shame at not being able to match such work, not fear of break-age that would keep me from doing anything with same .

As for the tri-head screw, I've occasionally had some luck with small hex drivers. Sometimes they work, sometimes they strip out the head. *shrug*

I've often thought of taking a torx head and grinding off every other 'point'...  :?

The_Beast

Offline Mors

• Scientist
    • Tales from thr Green Dragom
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 11:23:19 PM »
It took me a bit of time to work out how to get rid of him, in the end I just  wrenched him out using pliers , I think I had to cut him up a bit as well. Pretty sure I did not damage the model but as I was putting a washer on top anyway it was covered

http://kapitanmors.blogspot.com/search/label/Masked%20Minions

Lovely looking force being built on this thread.

Mors

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 06:48:03 AM »
Yep, had a go with some pliers and the little bugger was in the bin.

As for the legs, I ripped them out with my bare hands  >:( we don't muck about here in Aww-straylya.

Heh, unfortunately there are bits and pieces still banging about inside so getting them out would be nice. I have plans for using it as something other than a walker though  :-X

The top hole makes a good position for a navigator...

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 12:33:35 PM »
Nice work De'Ath. I like the originality of your offerings. As Malamute said, looking forward to seeing them in the flesh.
Don't!

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 10:34:41 PM »
Love the Dirka Dirka suit. Good on so many levels!

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 10:53:36 PM »
Latest units to arrive from the Caliphate . . .

Prof. Aulden Dhusti, Chair of Archeology at Hidelburg University and the expedition's Antiquities advisor takes delivery of some personal protection in the form of four Krupp Klanktruppen. The Klanktruppen were dispatched by the university following reports in the international press of hostilities on the newly discovered Atlantean island.   

And some Sanwar mercenaries hired to bolster the existing badmashes

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 12:21:44 AM »
Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to come up with GASLIGHT stats for Sanwar weapons too ...
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 12:36:36 AM »
Professor and his automatons are very nice indeed!
But he needs some "human" team to help finish his tasks!
argsilverson

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
Telegram sent from Admiral the Lord Ivor Mough D'Ivor Commander in Chief of Her Majesty's forces On Atlantis to the Admiralty.

" These Khosindan forces pose a serious threat to the security of the British expedition, send reinforcements immediately"....

Stunning stuff Dr De'ath, they are surely becoming a force to be reckoned with, great painting on the Sanwar and those klanks have come up a treat too. ;D

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »
Okay, I'll say it again.

That's a smashing force!

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 09:12:17 AM »
Excellent stuff Dr D! I like that paint scheme on the automations.

It looks like Krupp aren't too fussy about who they sell their clanks to. In response to Mough D'Ivor's despatch to the War Department these automations and an impervious suit have been moved from the Heavy Guards Brigade to a crack Royal Marine unit; currently making good progress towards Atlantis with a squadron of Nefs:

Offline isaanmini

• Librarian
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 01:36:52 PM »
So.......Dr.De'ath, we meet at last!
Hello you old rascal.....how are you?
I am new to this forum, but I am loving it
Several people seem to be using my palm trees and I am now reinspired by the idea of invading Mars with my 1866 Prussians
Your painting is still great despite the advancing years....lol
Yes I would be most gratefull for a leg up with some painting........ofcourse the figures would be yours after I have had them photgraphed.
If you read my post you will know that I am getting the basic dollies recast, so that will take a few weeks .....what with the jolly old machines in Thailand now, I have to get someone to do them for me

Regards

Barry