Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:39:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691091
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pittiful pictures of my HYW Skirmish  (Read 3492 times)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Pittiful pictures of my HYW Skirmish
« on: March 25, 2007, 09:56:23 PM »
We played a good game of LOTR (Age of Trebuchet variant) on Friday.

the scenario saw the French Duke De Erle laying seige to the garrison castle of English led by Sir Tom of Tring. Italian gunners were used to breach the gate while the French laid down a fire fomr their crossbows.

The English longbowmen made short work of the crossbowmen and any men at arms who came near, only when Pavisiers were deployed were the crossbowmen given any respite form the hail of arrows.

on turn 8 the gate cam down and the French charged forward crying "St Dennis". Un beknownst to them however two forlonr hopes of 10 Men at arms busrt form the buildings nearest the gate to stop the French enslaught.

Not everthing went the English way however, the French began to take a toll on the bowmen with the additional number of Crossbows bolt hitting the ramparts.

As the English Knights ran to the gate to form a barrior of steel and iron they were stopped in their tracks, 4 foul reatures loomed form the shadows, the stench was horrendous it was not unitl they eerged that they were kown to be French Knights who had scaled the walls and hidden in the Guarderobe until the gate had fallen.

the Four knights held off the English in the vain hope that their comrades would releive them.

as Dusk fell the main Body of the French retired to lick their wounds, over 50% of them had fallen in the combt including the Knights "Privy".

A fresh plan of attack would be needed.

The rules worked well, fast and furious as LOTR is and as the attack was staggered it didnt bog down at all. I tried to take some photos but I am very inept. I have put a link to the photo bucket but the images are very blurred unfortunatley. :(

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u94/Lowtardog/

This was the first outing for my buildings too which I picked up form e-bay. I am really pleased with these as they can be used for a multitude of periods. :)

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
  • Web-Fu 10th Dan Blackbelt
    • Pappa Midnight Presents Displaced Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 11:47:12 PM »
Sounds like a cracking game LTD!
I love your set-up, the buildings are excellent. Shame the images are a bit blurred, but it still looks pretty darn cool!

PM
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 08:01:37 AM »
Thnaks PM, I9 am at the moment gathering photo graphing tiups, one of the pronblems is people wouldnt stand still while I was taking pics my fault really.