Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:23:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Some pictures of my Lurkers  (Read 3319 times)

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
Some pictures of my Lurkers
« on: January 23, 2010, 03:06:07 PM »
Just some of the Lurkers I have painted up, some pictures may seem dark this due to being an over cast day, did take some more with flash on.
The camera does not really catch the high light or shadows think this mainly due to me laying the paint on thin and trying to make them blend in.
The Ghouls I imaged as being under ground hence me painting them as if they were dirty.
The cultists you can buy in the UK seem to have a lack of hand weapons, so I give one a club and other 2 machetes.
The deep ones I tried to get that gray green skin hence they both painted different.
With the mummy I wanted aged bandages hence they greyish colour and I did the skin brown as that seems to be the colour of mummy skin’s I have seen pictures off, the cultist next to him are his minions.
With the Missing link I left there face’s a flesh colour to keep them as human as much as possible.
Night Gaunt and Werewolf are WIP

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
Re: Some pictures of my Lurkers
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 03:21:55 PM »
Nice work...like the ghouls!
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn.And the scabbard thrown away!' -Cry of the People by John G Neihardt.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »
Nice collection of villains 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 03:53:58 PM »
Nice collection, always great to see some of the old Grenadier CoC figures show up. Those Missing Links look pretty cool, who made them if I might ask. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 04:24:34 PM »
The Missing link is by West Wind Productions  and  from there Gothic  Horror range
Island of Dr Mereaux.
The old Grenadier figures I have had for years, I have nearly all there Cthulhu range, there is just a few I missed out on, same with there adventures have most of them but over the years a few gun barrels have broke of and now days I like 28mm.

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 05:46:35 PM »
What you see in the pictures is the last of the Grenadier figures that I have left; some will be painted in due coarse,  but I am happy to also use  other manufactures figures.
The reason I have them is I used to play the Cthulhu RPG many years ago.

Offline blackstone

• Mastermind
    • Toad King Castings
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 06:17:16 PM »
Good stuff. I like your cultists alot..

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 08:05:42 PM »
Though they look like they ahve elder sign on their robes keeping the old ones at bay then?

Nice little selection of Cthulhu figures there, be good to see them all painted up.

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Stratos

• Bookworm
  • Kaiju Kaos is coming!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 11:31:18 PM »
Fantastic!  Nice looking collection.  I'm currently trying to get some painted up but I'm sooooooo slow!  :)

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 03:16:15 AM »
I love those Grenadier Call of Cthulhu figures, I still have two of the monsters box sets and was able to get most of the blisters in addition (I don't have that guy to the left of Nyarlathotep in your last pic, but I think that's about it.) Although I passed along the majority of the adventurers and most of my other Grenadier stuff over the years, I'd always kept the CoC figures and the Champions range (still my favorite super type figures of all I've seen over the years.) Some of the RAFM and other stuff is nice, but they'll always be the definitive Cthulhu monstrosities to me. But I do have to say that the Strange Eons figures are looking nicer and nicer as the progress. Keep up the good work.

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 10:25:01 PM »
I had almost all those when I was younger...great figs. still got a few in a box around here somewhere...can't wait to see 'em all painted up.

Great job on those cultists and ghouls...

and Thanx diehard, we have some great new stuff coming...