Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:55:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690591
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Great War gaming day- March Saturday 13- Nottinghamshire  (Read 2241 times)

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
Great War gaming day- March Saturday 13- Nottinghamshire
« on: February 01, 2010, 04:11:33 PM »
Rob at Scarab miniatures has arranged a Great War gaming day- March Saturday 13- Nottinghamshire:

http://scarabminiatures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=215

Here's Robs info posts for those that are too lazy to follow the link  :D

Great War gaming day- March Saturday 13- Nottinghamshire
The date is booked.

Will set up an online application just to help us with catering and planning.

Basis of day.

Great War In Italy 1918 so we can use all the Late War armies and have the option for Allied and Central Powers offensives.

Bring armies, put on table- game, have a good time. One side gets bragging rights until the next time 

Yes there will be a bit more structure than that but its a good start. Please let me know what you can bring.

We will have a big table with the main assualts and some smaller scenarios going on. Troops can then be rotated in and out of the main assault.

Rules will be the modified Great War ones on the big game (as found on this site), and "up to you" on the smaller scenarios but I would recommend either great War or "Through the Mud/Blood" for ease of commonality.

If you only have a small force, bring them, and I am sure there will be a few spares around.

More game details to follow next week.

The venue is the WI Hall, Station Road Bingham NG13. Its about 20 metres from Bingham train station. If coming from Kings X/St Pancreas, go to Grantham and get a train across as its lots quicker than going into Nottingham train station.

Lots of buses from Nottingham to Bingham though and depart at the market square by the coop, there is a bunch of shops and station road is more or less opposite.

Hall booked 9am to 5pm. Probably look at getting set up and first games under way around 10.

As theres a kitchen (and big heaters if theres a cold snap) we may do some hot food, even its a pie or pasty or some form of hot sandwich..

Actually we will open with tea, coffee and doughnuts 

Lunch will be a mix of sandwiches, pasty, crisps etc

There will be cold drinks and tea/coffee most of the day.

Any odd food requests please let us know

Cost will be £7.70 in total and you can pay on line once I have set it up. The entrance fee shown on the web will be £7 plus the 10% postage that adds automatically when ordering online. I am doing this way to save hassle on the web store but there won't be a ticket, just let us know names if you are buying for more than one person. In the unlikely event some one from overseas wants to enter we will refund the difference on the day.

Pre booking helps us plan the catering and what to set up.

Visitors on the day will have to take their chances on any food being available for sale.

I hope to have a few other games going on, possibly some WW2/Projekt X if all goes to plan.

Keith  :?

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Re: Great War gaming day- March Saturday 13- Nottinghamshire
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 08:16:45 PM »
Looks very interesting.
Unfortunately we have no suitable figures at all.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline andekmcc

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 08:33:44 PM »
I'm looking forward to it, will be get to at last get a go at playing WGW.

Also looking forward to seeing your splendid army Keith.  I think this grand Tank vs Tank duel Rob is contemplating as a sideline game will be great fun, especially as I get to see my Mendeleev taking on your excellent K-Wagen.  :)

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 09:46:43 PM »
I'm staying well away from the tank battle.  :o

Looking forward to the weekend though.  :D
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 10:00:04 PM »
If I'm free (read if she who must be obeyed lets me) I will pop in as it is not far from here at all.
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline scarabminiatures

• Scientist
    • Scarab Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 04:33:28 PM »
Any one wanting to come along and play but don't have the forces, don't panic, there are a couple of spares if you want to join in.

We have also added the following game which James Morris will kindly be organising

THE ITALIAN INVASION OF ABYSSINIA, 1935-6
Games by James Morris

Following my recent articles about this fascinating conflict in Wargames Illustrated 266 & 267, I'll be running a couple of games set in the Italo-Ethiopian War of 1935-36.  Both games will be scenarios based on historical events, and will use my collection of 28mm models and terrain (unless you have painted models that you wish to use, in which case you are welcome to bring them but please contact me first so I can tell you what's in the order of battle.)  Depending on demand, I am planning to run one game using the popular 'Great War' rules, and a smaller skirmish using the 'Triumph and Tragedy' rules. 

If you have any questions about my game, or are thinking of bringing your own figures, please feel free to contact me on jamesmorris17@btinternet.com
 link to topic and picture
http://scarabminiatures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=231
Kind regards
Rob Broom
ScarabMiniatures
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 07:04:02 AM »
Looks very interesting.
Unfortunately we have no suitable figures at all.

If you want to join the afore-mentioned Italo-Ethiopian War game, I am providing all figures, so no need to bring your own.

James

Offline scarabminiatures

• Scientist
    • Scarab Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 02:31:49 PM »
Thanks James

More details on the Great War part of the day now on the Scarab Forum here

http://scarabminiatures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=241

Theres a couple of other relevant topics as well with army roster upgrades