Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:46:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Woodbine WW1  (Read 8923 times)

Offline Stecal

• Scientist
    • Pictures of my minis
New Woodbine WW1
« on: February 04, 2010, 09:42:25 PM »
Yes!  "coming soon" isn't soon enough for me.

http://www.grippingbeast.com/product.php?ItemID=2444

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 09:44:46 PM by Stecal »
Clear the battlefield and let me see
All the profit from our victory.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: New Woodbine WW1
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »
Thanks S,

I notice that Soapy has placed on his blog a photo of a command miniature for a possible forthcoming release:

http://soapyvision.blogspot.com/2010/02/anzac-batt-com-part-2.html

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Pentaro

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 10:32:37 PM »
Didn't they say something about making some French? I want some cool characters like these in my army.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 12:00:25 AM »
Didn't they say something about making some French? I want some cool characters like these in my army.

The 1st newsletter which I received this day mentions that the second newsletter will have more information of the French.

An idea would be to go to the GB website and join their mailing list to receive their newsletter.

Helen

Offline Pentaro

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 07:46:38 AM »
So I didn't make it up :) That's a good idea, thanks.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 08:54:55 AM »
Rather than previewing more things, I just wish they'd release some of the stuff that has already been previewed for almost a bloody year. I can't paint previews.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 09:01:54 AM »
Rather than previewing more things, I just wish they'd release some of the stuff that has already been previewed for almost a bloody year. I can't paint previews.

You can say that again. I am positively waddling about as an egg sick hen in want of those Sikh heads.

Offline soapy

• Librarian
  • I sculpt therefore I eat.
    • My blog, sometimes work, sometimes play.
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 03:22:15 PM »
Wocha,

I've gotta take the hit for those last two posts.

Those things were shown on my blog rather than the GB site and rather than being previews they were 'what I've just finished'. The problem was that shortly after I finished them I went off and shut down for about a year... :?

Although I have done loads more heads since then I haven't shown them off just in case I go the same way again but I hope that now that I have finished the Indian section pack figures the Sikh and Indian heads will have some bodies to go with them and so will be released sometime soon. That being said the French are a lot further along now that I have done the Officers, NCOs and bombers so the Indians may be held back until after the French releases, who knows (well the Beasty boys but they ain't sayin...)

Basically what I trying to say is it's not coming out until the Beast says it's ready to come out, just cos I've shown a sculpt doesn't mean it's in the producton schedule.

My fault, sorry.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »
I don't think you can take all the blame for my grumblings, Soapy. What I've been waiting for is the second batch of British heads (tin hats & Wolseleys with neck curtains) so I can do some conversions. It says on the Gripping Beast website (not your blog) that they will be available "soon", and it has said that since I was a little boy.  :)

By the way, love the "Woodbine Willy" vignette.

Offline soapy

• Librarian
  • I sculpt therefore I eat.
    • My blog, sometimes work, sometimes play.
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 04:01:27 PM »
Glad you recognised it!

Yep my fault again though really. Did all the extra heads and told the guys (too soon as it turned out...) that I was back on form and that the figures to go with these heads would be ready 'next week' can't believe we all trusted that one. You see the new head sets, although compatible with the Brits that are already out, were designed for release with a new set of Brits in tunics, shorts and '14 pattern equipment. Of course these never materialized due to me being a slack git.

I suppose the blame does lie with the Beasty boys though, they believed what a flakey sculptor told them. Fools! ;D

The shorts blokes are nearly ready though so who knows...

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 05:59:28 PM »
Will you be sculpting the French Soapy?  Early or Late war French?

Darkoath

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 06:09:55 PM »
Will you be sculpting the French Soapy?  Early or Late war French?

Darkoath

1915-18, with head options:
http://soapyvision.blogspot.com/2009/03/twdc-ww1-stuff-for-salute.html

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 09:56:35 PM »
Wocha,

I've gotta take the hit for those last two posts.

Those things were shown on my blog rather than the GB site and rather than being previews they were 'what I've just finished'. The problem was that shortly after I finished them I went off and shut down for about a year... :?

Although I have done loads more heads since then I haven't shown them off just in case I go the same way again but I hope that now that I have finished the Indian section pack figures the Sikh and Indian heads will have some bodies to go with them and so will be released sometime soon. That being said the French are a lot further along now that I have done the Officers, NCOs and bombers so the Indians may be held back until after the French releases, who knows (well the Beasty boys but they ain't sayin...)

Basically what I trying to say is it's not coming out until the Beast says it's ready to come out, just cos I've shown a sculpt doesn't mean it's in the producton schedule.

My fault, sorry.

What Plynkes says. I don't really go by the artistes' blog, the sensitive and reckless souls that they are, but rather by the company's. I contacted Gb way before Christmas regarding the Indians and got the answer: "Check in the next few weeks", so...

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 02:23:17 AM »
Chaps in shorts and a variety of Indian Army heads. Just the ticket for some NWF frontier campaigning. Probably the mosty sensible investment the GB people could make, opens up a wealth of possibilities.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 10:52:20 AM »
I can only wish other manufacturers would follow where Gripping Beast/ Woodbine leads.
Not even mentioning the consistent very good quality, have you noticed how complete this range is becoming?
Even without the interchangeable heads at least 25 different poses just for the infantry. With the heads literally hundreds each for the Turks , Anzacs and British.
With the exception of Redoubt and the Empress Anglo Zulu range I can't think of any other company offering so much variety.
These guys know what wargamers want!
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done