Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:11:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689657
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: See your name in Print?  (Read 3752 times)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
See your name in Print?
« on: May 10, 2007, 09:11:16 PM »
Over on the HLSS Yahoo group, someone brought up the idea of player submitted scenarios being compiled into a scenario book for .45 Adventure.

The problem with projects like this is people often express interest and then fail to follow through. BUT, I have opened up the idea to the group to see if there are aspiring writers out there who would want to take part.

Just post here if you think you would. If there is enough interest (ie. more people than I could possibly get into a book) then I'd consider it.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline tabletop

• Librarian
    • http://www.tabletop-terrain.com
See your name in Print?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 09:40:09 PM »
I'd certainly be interested Rich and can already contribute my original 'Cairo Museum of Antiquities' scenario.

I'm still writing (well converting it to a PDF) my 'Luggage, Lost' scenario too which I hope to post up in the next month once I've play tested it with my long suffering players.

Stuart Nicholson
www.tabletop-terrain.com
Tabletop Terrain Gaming in 28 and 15mm!

Offline Mo

• Mad Scientist
    • Oddman Productions
See your name in Print?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 09:47:30 PM »
This is a top notch idea. There has been a lot of really creative scenarios posted here and other places. You who are interested, it's not too much work to put together a scenario and it would be a great resource to have.

Marc
Fantastic Worlds: Pulp Action in the Far Reaches of Space
http://oddmanproductions.com

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
See your name in Print?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 12:19:12 AM »
I'd be interested. I'm working on a few right now, some of which may not be total crap...

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
See your name in Print?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 01:01:26 AM »
Not that I need the glory, but I would gladly rewrite my At the Movies scenario.  It's got gangsters in zombie suits!
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline Howard Whitehouse

• Scientist
See your name in Print?
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 10:51:36 PM »
I can't see why not, Rich. I'm doing the same thing for Astounding Tales, as you know. I ran a contest to get entries, and received nine - of which I'd say six were top notch right away, and the other three just need some additional work.

Offer fabulous prizes! They will come!
I do all my own stunts

Offline Evilcartoonist

• Scientist
    • Carmen's Fun Painty Time
See your name in Print?
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 11:36:54 PM »
They're doing something similar over at Hawgleg.com with their Gutshot rules. They're giving away fabulous prizes too! But I'd send in an idea or two if only for a little chance at glory :)

BUT-I don't know the rules to .45 Aventure- would this be an idea farm, or would you require scenarios complete with setup, stats, detailed victory conditions etc?

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
See your name in Print?
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 11:42:24 PM »
I'll be working out some kind of compensation with the authors if I do this. It will be a straight business deal. So, it won't be just for glory. You will be able to feel like a real paid author if I accept it.

As for knowing the rules, yeah, you'll need to know them a little since the submissions will need to be in the same format we currently use for scenarios.

4 or 5 good authors willing to each right a 3 chapter scenario, would make this a viable possibility.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
See your name in Print?
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 01:46:58 PM »
If I get out of my painting depression to finish the minis for 'Secrets of the Hidden Temple' I'll probably also get the scenario finished/played/revised-if-need-be, and you can then certainly have it. Only problem is, you'll have to alter some character names, as I used some from Chaos in Cairo ;-)

It's meant to be a multi-player thing, preferably with a GM - I don't know if it's gonna be in the 'true' .45A-spirit.

If things do not clear up a bit, I'll probably not have it finished until Fall or something, though.

I just need to finish painting 4 brits and one grave-robber, but at the moment time and inspiration eludes me....  :(
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
See your name in Print?
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 10:06:29 PM »
must /will have !!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708