Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:17:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: WW2 Super Heroes  (Read 9176 times)

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
Re: WW2 Super Heroes
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 02:26:03 PM »
Wolverine fought in the 2nd World War, though he only had his healing abilitys, no claws at that point. He was mostly in the Pacific theater though. (Its not a stretch to have him in Europe though, and you could use any of the civilan clix models he has.)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 02:34:25 PM »
Though the Wolverine movie has rewritten that (and probably some comics before it). In the movie he already has bone claws (and I'm pretty sure he's fighting some Germans in it too).

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 03:11:09 PM »
Wolverine's origin has been rewritten so many times no one knows who the Hell he is including him. 

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 05:09:17 PM »
Wolverine always had the claws.  It was the adamantium coating that came later.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 09:38:13 AM »
Wolverine (comics) lost his memory sometime prior to the 1st world war. As a result he didnt know he had claws until the Weapon X project which brain washed him and added false memorys.

Movie Wolverine is a joke and Im not intreasted in that.

http://www.marvunapp.com/list/appww2.htm nice long list of WW2 characters in Marvel comics.

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 03:58:18 PM »
In the first arc of Wolverine: Origins he had the bone claws when he was creating Nuke in Vietnam.  That was before the Weapon X Project.  From what I understand, he and Sabretooth were recently rewritten to be some kind of a wolf person and not a mutant at all.  I'm sure that will get retconed.  Everyone thought that was a dumb idea.

Have you thought about some guys from Project Superpowers?  It's a book by Alex Ross that uses a whole bunch of superheroes and pulp characters from around the WWII era and brings them into modern times.  ALl theses characters did exist then and have since passed into public domain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Superpowers

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 05:48:52 PM »
Wolverine always had the claws.  It was the adamantium coating that came later.

Only in the retcon world, bub. I distinctly remember the Marvel Universe entry that detailed his claws as being bionic implants.

*SNIKT*
"My claim is based on rational thought and the fact that I've got more than enough charges in my Tesla Cannon to leave nothing but your twitching, smoldering digits!" - Nelson, Full Frontal Nerdity

Gold foil, diamond-etched, creme filled, limited-edition, collector's item number one anger issues

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 06:32:09 PM »
That's one I have never heard.  Of course it's Wolverine, the only character more confusing then Hawkman.

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 10:23:41 PM »
Entry from Wikipedia, so take it with a grain of salt:

Wolverine's mutation also consists of animal-like adaptations of his body, including pronounced canines and three retractable claws housed within each forearm. While originally depicted as bionic implants created by the Weapon X program, the claws are later revealed to be a natural part of his body. The claws are not made of keratin, as claws tend to be in the animal kingdom, but extremely dense bone, and can cut substances as durable as most metals, wood, and some varieties of stone. They can also be used to block attacks or projectiles, as well as dig into surfaces allowing Wolverine to climb structures. Wolverine's hands do not have openings for the claws to move through: they cut through his flesh every time he extrudes them, with occasional references implying that he feels a moment of intense pain each and every time he does so.

Again, retcon in action.

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 10:59:26 PM »
I understand what it's saying now.  When Magneto ripped all the adamantium out of him back in the '90s he was was left with bone claws.  This was a shock to him too because he did not remember having bone claws.  He thought his claws were implants that he got at the same time as the skeleton.

Offline mrgrigson

• Librarian
    • The Overloaded Queue
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 03:07:32 AM »
To add one more: Eureka also does a Sgt. Rock (three of 'em, even!) under the name "Sgt. Steel", as well as "Easy Company: The Dogfaces".

http://eurekamin.com.au/index.php?cPath=87_126_759&sort=3a

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 09:42:51 AM »
Oh yes, got those too. And one of the other figures in that set is a dead ringer for Sgt. Fury (though I have no idea whether that was intentional or a fluke).