Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:41:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690932
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: BCW - lapsed gamer - first post.  (Read 1977 times)

Offline Whassisface

• Schoolboy
BCW - lapsed gamer - first post.
« on: February 15, 2010, 09:39:17 PM »
It's been a long time since I've wargamed and I have to say that the British Civil War stuff has got me motivated to start again.

I've got two problems: I live in East Angulia and haven't a clue who plays what (and where they play it), in and around Suffolk. If anyone has any suggestions of where to go and who to ask I'd be grateful.

My entire collection of figures, so far, amounts to 24 Crusader Miniatures early WW2 Brits. Uhm - would that do for a start? They turned out quite, interestingly brown. I'm not sure I like brown as much as I thought I did, but what the heck, they're done. It's a sign of how long I've been away that the last figures I painted was many, many years ago in my teens with Humbrol Enamels. This lot got the acrylic treatment and boy was that a shock to paint with.

So on to my next question. Since I've got a bunch of regulars I thought of some kind of toff's private army with the above as regulars and a whole bunch of irregulars as farm hands (was thinking of Artizan's Marquis figures).

Would that be good enough?

Oh and I'd post a pic of the interestinly brown brits, but can't see how you attach a file in this here forum.

Offline Trooper

• Mad Scientist
Re: BCW - lapsed gamer - first post.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 10:07:10 PM »
I have already said hi in your intro post, but I also live in Suffolk and amongst other things I do game BCW. Always looking for like minded gamres, they are a bit thin on the ground in our neck of the woods.
They will not force us,
They will stop degrading us,
They will not control us,
We will be victorious!!

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 10:12:44 PM »
It's been a long time since I've wargamed and I have to say that the British Civil War stuff has got me motivated to start again.

I've got two problems: I live in East Angulia and haven't a clue who plays what (and where they play it), in and around Suffolk. If anyone has any suggestions of where to go and who to ask I'd be grateful.

Best advice is click on the link below, register, and say hello in the Edward VIII Cocktail Bar Board - GWP is the spiritual home of VBCW - you will find all the resources and inspiration you need, as well as gamers from all parts of the UK (and overseas).

http://gwargamesp.18.forumer.com/index.php?showforum=4

:)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:44:02 AM by AKULA »

Offline Hastings

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 11:03:30 PM »
Glad its got you back into the hobby, what you are doing sopunds spot on, not that anyone can tell you something is wrong in a fantasy campaign anyway :)Yep have to echo Akulas advice, I believe if you have a look on GWP you will find an emerging group gathering around East Anglia and Essex which might be worth getting involved with

Offline Whassisface

• Schoolboy
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 06:54:52 AM »
Thanks for the info, I shall pop over and register.

Offline Mr.Dodo

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 12:02:19 PM »
Hello Whassisface. Welcome back!
I'm also in the area (North Suffolk) and interested. I dare say Trooper will put us in touch.

Offline Whassisface

• Schoolboy
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 06:50:14 PM »
Two other live gamers in Suffolk? It's better than I thought.

Trooper has got in touch, so have PM'd him back, thanks for saying hi though.