Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:16:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 10mm Warmaster Arabs on my blog  (Read 4777 times)

Offline HRE Joseph III

• Librarian
10mm Warmaster Arabs on my blog
« on: February 20, 2010, 04:10:59 PM »

http://josephdragovich.blogspot.com/2010/02/horsemen-are-coming-nearer.html

These are for a Fantasy/historical arab army that i have been working on for warmaster ancients.

Thanks for looking,
-Joe
Holy Roman Emperor Joseph III
Rex Germanorum

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
Re: 10mm Warmaster Arabs on my blog
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 04:24:33 PM »
  :-* Really love those babys.
Love the sudden boom in 10mm over the past few days there something that really interest me and it gives me ideas for the new project.

Cheers, Steve

Offline Super_Gibbon

• Scientist
    • Steel City Supers
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 12:37:47 AM »
Looks great! More pics please. Are you liking Warmaster? I was doing Huns for Warmaster and then I started yanking them off the bases to do Impetus. Who knows why, I haven't played either yet.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 12:40:05 AM by Super_Gibbon »

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 09:40:33 AM »
Looks great! More pics please. Are you liking Warmaster? I was doing Huns for Warmaster and then I started yanking them off the bases to do Impetus. Who knows why, I haven't played either yet.

Must have some impetus behind it.

The models look wonderful, jobs a good un.

Offline HRE Joseph III

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 12:04:30 PM »
Thanks for the nice comments guys. There will be more pictures as I get more painting. I'm trying to strike a balance of speed and quality with these figures, since I want to play with them before the Warmaster wave crashes at the local club. So far I have 11 units painted(5 melee infantry and 6 cavalry) and I hope to get another 6 painted today. That should bring to around 1000 points. I have another 1000 points worth of figures coming in the mail.

I played a 1500 point game of Warmaster ancients last Thursday at the club. We used 15mm armies based for DBM. I really enjoyed it. I think the few simple fixes Warmaster ancients employs really make the game flow better than the fantasy version. Gone are the days of cavalry running rings around the table and large blocks of troops being annihilated in a single turn. However, I'm convinced that Warmaster needs a large table to be enjoyed properly. We played on a 8'x6' table and 1500 points pretty comfortably filled it. I would like to see what it plays like on a 10'x6'

I can't really comment on impetus. But I know that if you base your 10mm stuff for Warmaster, you should be able to make movement trays that are compatible with Impetus.

Offline Super_Gibbon

• Scientist
    • Steel City Supers
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 02:57:38 PM »
Must have some impetus behind it.

Ha ha! zing!

Seriously, more pics Joe. They look so good I might be begging you to pick some up for me. If I remember correctly ordering from Irregular is a bit of a chore from overseas.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 06:48:23 PM »
Very nice job on those! I have painted my share during the "haydays" of Warmaster for GW, and these do look good!
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline HRE Joseph III

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 07:27:29 PM »
Thanks for the compliments everyone. Here are a few closer pictures of the infantry. I haven't gotten around to basing some of these. These close-ups show some of the painting shortcuts I took with these figures. Upon further reflection, my 10mm stuff suffers from "Myspace angles"when I post them in the internet. I'm not too bothered though. The army looks pretty good en mass and I got about 1000 points painted in about a week and a half.

The left most archer figure is from Pendraken. Notice how the proportions are a little off to facilitate the deeper facial details.

The cavalry are probably my favourite figures out of the bunch. However there were a few broken spears in the packs that I got.

Here is a good comparison between Irregular and Pendraken. The Irregular figure is in the centre. Again you can see the tendency of the Pendraken figures to have big heads.

I really like the infantry in the Irregular range. Note that teh facial detail is really shallow on these figures. That's to be expected since the Irregular figures are so in proportion compared to the other 10mm Arabs I have seen figures.

Some skirmishers. The right figure on the left stand is from Pendraken.

I hope that helps, Sky. Ordering from Irregular is pretty easy for me. Just send me an email if you want to order some.     

Offline HRE Joseph III

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 02:03:28 AM »
Here are some pictures of the whole army so far. It's around 1000 points, I think. Here's to the next thousand!