Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:55:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691091
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Weird war project 2010, need some good idea’s!  (Read 8195 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: Weird war project 2010, need some good idea’s!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 09:02:01 PM »
Well between those I should find anything I need.

I want to have a theme for every army, but I think that all armies should dabble both in magic and technology, trying to be stronger then the others on every front .however the feel of both tech and magic should vary for every army.

I might just add in cohort units, interesting units from armies I do not use. Four forces is stretching my resources a bit, six would be to much, but all of the six big ones have potential, so this way I can field something of all.

The Americans magic will come from the Insmouth Officers Academy and Research Institute. (or something with a more sinister acronym if I can think of it.) spells will mainly be mind control fear and grasping tentacles.
 Perhaps technology from Roswell, not sure yet.

The Germans will have pinnacle body altering magic. Healing, boosting and reanimating soldiers. Technology I am once again not sure of.
I will give them motorcycle combinations, and perhaps some halftrack to move zombies.
Allied Italians in modernized roman soldier attire, big shields and machine pistols.

Then either British or Russians, for the British I can see a theme but no magic, for the Russians I can see winter magic but no real theme beyond that.

Then the Italians/Japanese. Somewhat similar theme on these, I think the rising sun would be easier to get a hold of the correct miniatures.

I would whole heartedly advise you pick up a copy of the Secrets of the Third Reich Rules and the Doomsday expansion. At least have a wander over onto their forum and look at the background:

http://secretsofthethirdreich.com/forums/index.php
The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline frontal assault

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »
White Knight, those are some cool minatures, not to mention great minatures.  I really liked your rocketeers and the japanese mech-trooper, but my favourite has to be the german officer on demonic steed.  That's just inspired!

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 10:26:12 AM »
Thanks! Sometimes my mind works in disturbing ways... 8)

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
  • Z List Wargames Industry Celebrity
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 10:36:48 AM »
You can hang on a bit and include the ideas from the new 'Dust' board game?

Britain has been the home of Druidic magic (maybe the Romans never wiped it out?), had at least one monarch who dabbled in wtchcraft and the occult (for whom Shakespeare wrote 'Macbeth') and had endless Masonic lodges / cults / societies in the 19th and 20th centuries. We are a nation steeped in magic - oh, and we were there at the start of WW2, standing largely alone, so would have used anything that we could get hold of (including Lend-Lease American Mages under a suitable title). Plus, look at our history, we have dominated so many peoples over the years, so many religions, cultures, etc., so many possibilities!
Remember: the dice are not your friends!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 11:57:11 PM »
You can hang on a bit and include the ideas from the new 'Dust' board game?

Britain has been the home of Druidic magic (maybe the Romans never wiped it out?), had at least one monarch who dabbled in wtchcraft and the occult (for whom Shakespeare wrote 'Macbeth') and had endless Masonic lodges / cults / societies in the 19th and 20th centuries. We are a nation steeped in magic - oh, and we were there at the start of WW2, standing largely alone, so would have used anything that we could get hold of (including Lend-Lease American Mages under a suitable title). Plus, look at our history, we have dominated so many peoples over the years, so many religions, cultures, etc., so many possibilities!

This angle is explored in SOTR and the new Doomsday supplement.