Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:02:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Massed Battle on Atlantis  (Read 15596 times)

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
Re: Massed Battle on Atlantis
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2010, 09:10:43 AM »
Yeah, absolutely excellent - apart from the fact that it's the same models and the same setting, it looks like a totally different battle, if that makes any sense! Any chance you guys can put together a large, but coherent, report, that actually lets the rest of us know what 'really' happened? Or, in the Fog of War, is that just impossible? lol

Some lovely minis there, nice to see some of the others close up. The Atlanteans look awesome to a man, and that's a very nice American 'nef there... one of Bullshott's at a guess? Lovely work anyway.

The Khosindian walkers turned out lovely too... who'd have thought those McDonalds toys would brush up so nicely? Great work there too.

By the way, is Shen Khar (with his Scorpions) Mi-Hel Shen Khar, or his brother, Ru-Ti Shen Khar? I had the idea Mi-Hel Shen Khar hadn't been with the Scorpions for some time, but I could be wrong...  :D

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2010, 10:07:48 PM »
Came to mind after reading the assorted reports, er, who held the temple at the end of the battle, who was driven from the field?
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2010, 07:47:24 AM »
Don't know who could claim the temple but the Japanese were pretty much wiped out. :D

But from my point of view I could really only see British troops and vehicles at the temple. :D
There may have been other people there but I couldn't see them for this big pyramid thing in the middle of the table and if they were there they were probably being sneaky wearing brown clothing and not the scarlet tunic of true soldiers :D

And anyway we don't want to let the facts get in the way of a good game/story ;)

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2010, 10:10:05 AM »
Hmm, I replied to this yesterday. Wonder where my post went?

The Japanese were pretty much driven off, only a few suicidal types with swords were still running around at the end.
The Sanwar had retired from the field but their Koshinden allies were still making trouble.

However, despite losing 90% of their number, the natives were still in control of the temple at the end of the game.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Overlord

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Top Geezer
    • The Sweeney
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2010, 03:56:29 PM »
By the way, is Shen Khar (with his Scorpions) Mi-Hel Shen Khar, or his brother, Ru-Ti Shen Khar? I had the idea Mi-Hel Shen Khar hadn't been with the Scorpions for some time, but I could be wrong...  :D
You have spotted there is a bit of a theme with my Sanwar.  o_o
Well they do scavenge the battlefield for heavy metal etc...
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=15517.0

The impervious suit is controlled in the field by Sanwar (guitar?) hero 'Satri Yani'.
The automaton unit is commanded by 'To Neyi Yomi', who has brass fingers on one hand.
You get the idea...... ::)

The Sanwar had retired from the field but their Koshinden allies were still making trouble.
Only after we had fought a fierce battle with the Americans.  In true cinematic style Sergeant Eastwood, carrying the 'stars & stripes', fought a desperate clifftop battle with the Sanwar commander in the finale.  He eventually succeeded, revenge for the immolation of his squad by the Sanwar hero.

My Koshinden allies reached the pyramid and were on the verge of victory over the Atlanteans and British.  I believe Mr Quartermain was rather cut up over the whole affair.... :D
2024 Lead Tally: Acq: 013 Ptd: 055  Total: +042
2023 Lead Tally: Acq: 560 Ptd: 056  Total: -504
2009-22 Tally:  Acq: 3293 Ptd: 905  Total: -2388

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2010, 04:25:41 PM »
Have to admit that I don't really 'get' VSF with all that weirdness going on but it's a certainly a great looking game!
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline ushistoryprof

• Mad Scientist
    • World Historyprof-History Real & Imagined through Miniatures
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2010, 04:28:59 PM »
And anyway we don't want to let the facts get in the way of a good game/story ;)
Always the best policy- history is written by the victors anyway so who needs facts.

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2010, 04:38:14 PM »
Have to admit that I don't really 'get' VSF with all that weirdness going on but it's a certainly a great looking game!

That it is.

As to 'getting' it... sure, it's not everyone's cup of tea. Neither is tea, for that matter. It's just a different sort of fantasy, that's all. Some games have aliens, some games have undead, some games have dragons... and some games have clockwork soldiers, brass airships, steam-powered tunneling devices and big-game hunters with improbably large guns. It's a giggle, is all.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2010, 05:00:46 PM »
I'm sure it is a giggle!  I wasn't being critical - in fact, I am in awe of  the  imagination as there is just so much going on.  ;) :)

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2010, 05:25:57 PM »
It's OK, I didn't think you were being critical, and I doubt anyone else did either! (Everyone falls over each in an attempt to not make the other person think some some sort of offense has been taken ... like the Three Overpolite Stooges or something  ;D )

I was just trying to say that if you're looking for some deep meaning or rationale, you'll probably just end up confused - there isn't one. We think it's fun; me, I like 'alternative histories', I like the aesthetic, and I've always loved airships; other people might be particularly into the works of Verne or HG Wells, or Anthony Hope even; some people might like red coats and pith helmets, but not be really into 'proper' historicals; there are lots of ways in, but, please don't think we're likely to take offence if you don't dig it as much as others! I'm not a fan of C18th gaming so much, either real or fantastical, but we all have our own things we're into. And that's good.

Offline Count Winsky

• Scientist
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2010, 09:00:19 PM »
Who manufacturers those Japanese Tanks?
“There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation.”

Marcus Garvey

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2010, 09:50:41 PM »

They are sold from Eureka/Fighting 15s... also used to be available from Ground Zero, but currently not available from them.

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2010, 09:59:15 PM »

Ground Zero Games manufactured them for Eureka.

If you are in Europe or the UK you can either try Fighting 15's:

http://www.fighting15sshop.co.uk/paxr42-hardlove-light-steam-charger-3859-p.asp

or it might be cheaper to to go directly to GZG. They are not listed on the GZG website at the moment, but I dropped them an email and they quoted me a price (note: this version does not include a commander figure) :

http://www.gtns.net/store1/commerce.cgi

Elsewhere in the world, try Eureka:

http://eurekamin.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=87_126_153_165&products_id=1996

Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2010, 10:36:33 PM »
I did think the price was a wee bit steep...  :(

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2010, 10:54:50 PM »
It was a superb game, had great fun playing EVEN THOUGH I didnt win! Yes, nice models, well painted. I need more impervoius suits with heroes and flame throwers though.