Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:06:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 20/28 mm food market items in metal  (Read 1642 times)

Offline sandsmodels

• Scientist
    • s&s models
20/28 mm food market items in metal
« on: March 13, 2010, 07:18:35 PM »
you know what it's like,  every now and then you see someones modeling skills on a forum and you think, wow!
 thats what i thought when i saw chirs w's afghan market, well now you can all have your own middle east market without having to do the hard bit!

i was so impressed that i contacted him and we have struck a deal so he can have as much food as he can eat/model, and you lucky lot can also make your afghan bazars as super detailed as chris's.

chris  even offered to paint some of the first ones as well, (and these are his offerings) not only a sculpter but a painter as well! :thumbsup:
so i thank him for that as well as the initial sculpts.
chris has sculpted some weighing scales, food sack's, plates of food, water containers, cooking oil containers, rug's, ect.
apart from the plastic containers these pieces  will be usable from 2000bc right up to 2010 ad and the majority of them will also be usable in 28mm scale as well.
after chris's initial surprise at someone wanting to cast them off, (he is too modest) he has now  realy caught the bug and has sculpted even more and doubled the range of trading goods,
with more rugs, (some rolled up), more designs of sacks, another set of scales, some crates and even an open cardboard box!

these are now being sold in random packs of 25 items, (from a range of over 35 individual pieces)
the prices are as follows:-
uk £4.50, europe £5.50, rest of the world £6.50 per pack.
so you know how it is with these things, we got to chat on the telephone and after bouncing around a few ideas, a few days later another bag of goodies hit my doormat, this time a load of 20mm bergens and packs, ideal for stowing up your jackals, mastiffs, land rovers ect.

chris also painted these examples of the bergens available.
the packs contain 20 assorted bergens/packs and the price is:
uk £3.50, europe £4.50, rest of the world £5.50
so far chris has sculpted some more new 20mm stowage, some arms caches, ied markers, and even some 28mm stowage, so much so that he has run out of green stuff putty!
we will of course announce what we have released on this forum, so you can expect a lot more things like these, to make your modern middle east games more detailed and realistic, as chris and i have a lot of ideas that for new models and scenery features to finnish.
there are more pics on our picture site;-
http://s513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/sandsmodels/usefull%20bits%20and%20pieces/
please note:
we also would like your input as to what you want, in these type of scenery pieces.
i am working on a pdf listing of all of these new models, (which should be available mid week) so if anyone wants one, please email me
sales@sandsmodels.com
thanks for looking
shaun & stewart
s&s models
www.sandsmodels.com
sales@sandsmodels.com
makers of 20mm and 28mm vehicles, guns, figures and buildings for the gamer.

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 20/28 mm food market items in metal
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 10:58:41 PM »
Very interesting!
and versatile, can be used in various colonial settings!
argsilverson