Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:44:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690898
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Modern UK Police with Firearms - the follow up  (Read 10619 times)

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
  • Z List Wargames Industry Celebrity
Re: Modern UK Police with Firearms - the follow up
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 09:24:27 PM »
Thanks for that, Vyper. Did have an e-chat with Bob but he is pretty busy for the next two months, perhaps when he is done. However, have ordered some of his puppets and starter sets, plus some from Hasslefree (along with MP5's for the sculpts to heft), so will be having a go at my own sculpts.

Sorry if I am being a bit cagey on the scupter but would like to get the contract sorted before any announcement, was warned that you ca get 'gazumped'if you are not careful. Can say that I have seen samples of the guy's work and he is a bit of an unsung star.

These artistic types are an interesting lot,can only compare them to the authors and poets I have met, plus the few thespians I have worked with.
Remember: the dice are not your friends!

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 10:14:47 PM »
Thanks for that, Vyper. Did have an e-chat with Bob but he is pretty busy for the next two months, perhaps when he is done. However, have ordered some of his puppets and starter sets, plus some from Hasslefree (along with MP5's for the sculpts to heft), so will be having a go at my own sculpts.

Sorry if I am being a bit cagey on the scupter but would like to get the contract sorted before any announcement, was warned that you ca get 'gazumped'if you are not careful. Can say that I have seen samples of the guy's work and he is a bit of an unsung star.

These artistic types are an interesting lot,can only compare them to the authors and poets I have met, plus the few thespians I have worked with.

Sounds like it could be the chap who sculpted the Empress Moderns which are real beauties

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 07:18:55 PM »
Right, just been on the 'phone with the sculpter and we are off!

The gentleman's name is Michael Lovejoy, one of the many freelancers who bring our miniature dreams to life.

He has a great website, works as a mini sculpter full time and has some research from me and elsewhere to get started with.

He will be sending some WIP shots as he goes along, which I shall post here as and when.

Nice guy, keeping to the design brief, can't wait until they are done.   8)

http://www.michaellovejoy.com/ - have a look!

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 10:38:16 PM »
Ooh I rmember this chap he posted the rage zombie on TMP ealrier this /late last year, send my regards and we wants them. Looks like you have picked a cracking sculptor

Offline Trooper

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 12:17:08 AM »
Ditto to what LTdog said. He looks like the right guy for the job. Looking forward to seeing the end result, then I can pull it apart for accuracy etc.  ;D ;D ;D
They will not force us,
They will stop degrading us,
They will not control us,
We will be victorious!!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 08:00:47 AM »
Just keep him on a short rein on scale and proportions as he appears to drop off anotomically and go soft at 28mm in some of those pictures, but work cleaner at larger scales.

Don't flame me I'm just saying what I see. Would hate this to not work out after all the efffort.

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 10:25:49 AM »
No flaming, just that the design brief given is very clear and samples of size, propprtion, etc. are being provided from other manufacturers so that they fit in. Each WIP, by his own insistence, will be viewed and approved by me. If it all goes mammary glands vertical north, then it is down to me, not the sculpter - and that's why my nails are getting shorter and shorter!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 11:19:18 PM »
No flaming, just that the design brief given is very clear and samples of size, propprtion, etc. are being provided from other manufacturers so that they fit in. Each WIP, by his own insistence, will be viewed and approved by me. If it all goes mammary glands vertical north, then it is down to me, not the sculpter - and that's why my nails are getting shorter and shorter!

Good stuff, keep a tight reign and it should be ok.