Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:51:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Deadlands Rules  (Read 5133 times)

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
Deadlands Rules
« on: March 09, 2010, 10:22:16 PM »
Does anyone actually use the offical deadlands rules or is it only me? i have the first set and books and just got the second edition and dogs o' war there seem - at first glance - to be cost differences and some problmes the Buffalo Girl costs mre then the Chinese Sorcerer! How does this affected points fo the machines in derailed?

Any ideas

Just to add although I'm going for strange aeons from uncle mike I might also try GRW/Showdown with Realms of Cthulh for Deadlands/Cthulhu games, has anyone done this or does any one have realms book and think it's possible?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 10:30:56 PM by thebinmann »

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: Deadlands Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 10:33:28 PM »
Does anyone actually use the offical deadlands rules or is it only me? i have the first set and books and just got the second edition and dogs o' war there seem - at first glance - to be cost differences and some problmes the Buffalo Girl costs mre then the Chinese Sorcerer! How does this affected points fo the machines in derailed?

Any ideas

Just to add although I'm going for strange aeons from uncle mike I might also try GRW/Showdown with Realms of Cthulh for Deadlands/Cthulhu games, has anyone done this or does any one have realms book and think it's possible?
I play 1st edition though have been looking at getting my pdf printed for 2nd. Not sure on the vehicles as I havent got around to doing any as yet. I know the main difference is you only get one card for heroes where in the oringal you had two, other than that not too much is noticable, points costs for weapons here and there

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 10:37:02 PM »
I play 1st edition though have been looking at getting my pdf printed for 2nd. Not sure on the vehicles as I havent got around to doing any as yet. I know the main difference is you only get one card for heroes where in the oringal you had two, other than that not too much is noticable, points costs for weapons here and there

hadn't noticed that, not sure I like it heroes are heroes! I couldn't find any experience rules either! Guess I'll have to adjust the cost in the second rules!

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 10:40:47 PM »
Derailed remains the valid supplement for 2nd edition rules and points etc unless otherwise in the main book (I dont think vehicles are developed unless you count automaton units)

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 04:22:10 AM »
I use to play 1st edition loved it and have all the books

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 05:46:48 AM »
Hi postal, ever play Gutshot with Mitchell down in Texas?

I didn't know you liked Deadlands and wild west?  You have a group of players for it an all?

How are you, buddy?   haven't heard from you or Brian in some time. Family OK?    Is he and family OK?
Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 10:33:33 AM »
Gah, my post clearly never made it. Isn't Cry Havoc the 2nd ed book with all the 'advanced' rules like experiance and character 'ehancement'?
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 03:08:30 PM »
Are you talking Classic Deadlands or are you talking about Deadlands:The Great Rail Wars?

Classic Deadlands (not Savage...) is great! My club still plays it about once a month.

As for The Great Rail Wars, its fun, but have not played in a long while....
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 03:27:28 PM »
Are you talking Classic Deadlands or are you talking about Deadlands:The Great Rail Wars?

Classic Deadlands (not Savage...) is great! My club still plays it about once a month.

The Birthday Boy!!!!!    Happy B day!

That is cool, I wished we had a Deadlands group 'round these parts. 

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 06:05:54 PM »

Play both and love both, which is why I might use it for CoC!

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 10:13:51 PM »
Gah, my post clearly never made it. Isn't Cry Havoc the 2nd ed book with all the 'advanced' rules like experiance and character 'ehancement'?

Not based on the copyright date (CH 1998 and ules 200) and content, there are speed two charaters.

I think I'll stick with the first ed as it has campaign etc and speed two and feed in the new troops, perhaps updating cost.

Giving the gunslinger SP 2 nd two dice at D8 costs 30% more than base but at 30(cost in second ed)*1.3 = 40ish still doesn't make 50 (cost in frst ed), so some tinkering is required!

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 02:44:52 PM »
Well Smokey,

If you are ever in the Sacramento area.... ;)

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 09:41:26 PM »
I think I've decided to mix the two sets together, while adapting the higher points ofr 2speed characters from the first edition and perhaps limit each ide to 1/2 such characters

the best thing is that in about three weeks I'll get to play, so I promise a (shakey) battle report (well at least picures!)

Offline Roger Guy

• Assistant
    • http://roger70.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 01:34:05 PM »
Hello, you colleagues!
Help me please.
We try in Kyiv to play the game "Deadlands! The Great Rail Wars"
The rules that we have not complete. Say, where can I read the complete rules, or the last edition.
Thanks!
R.G.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 02:25:35 PM by Roger Guy »

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 01:40:11 PM »
I love reading Eastern European comments, you can just hear the accent.

Sorry I can't help you, but I would love to try these rules out myself someday. I have a little collection of the models coming on.  :)