Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:28:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686500
  • Total Topics: 118104
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Flash-German Atlantis Bombing mission Smashed  (Read 2538 times)

Offline ushistoryprof

• Mad Scientist
    • World Historyprof-History Real & Imagined through Miniatures
Flash-German Atlantis Bombing mission Smashed
« on: March 15, 2010, 04:41:57 AM »
Flash from "Time's" intrepid Atlantian reporter Ernest Wallington III-
A vile attempt by German Aeroneff ships to bomb peaceful British scientific teams,sponsered by the Royal Academy, studying some quaint ruins,temples and other sites of no military importance, was thwarted by the timely arrival of a patoling squadron of her majesties aeroneff navy.  Our reporter braved shot and shell to gain the following photos of the action.

German Bombing force of the SMS Odin CA, SMS Medusa, Anazone, & Nymphe CL's and SMS Furst Bismark DIG CA bomber.

Out numbered Royal Aernoeff Navy units HMS Black Prince, Tiger, Hawke, CA Patrol Squadron

General  action has begun.

Ships closing with many showing smoke from damage.

Final stage where the Furst Bismark is destroyed and the rest of the German fleet in disaway with several ships damaged.  British losses were unfortunately high, HMS Hawk was destroyed with all hands,the Black Prince was reduced to near ruin and the Tiger heavly damaded.  But a victory is a victory and Britiania still rules the skys! God save the Queen>stop
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 04:54:59 AM by ushistoryprof »

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
Re: Flash-German Atlantis Bombing mission Smashed
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 08:30:21 AM »
Cool stuff!!

Those German 'Nefs are GREEEEEN!!!
Metal flying bases... There's a good idea!!! :)

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
    • http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kashindan/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 09:07:55 AM »

I don't think those bases are metal they look frosted from being sprayed with Matt varnish maybe..

Become who you really are... [/i]

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 01:54:38 PM »
I don't think those bases are metal they look frosted from being sprayed with Matt varnish maybe..

My guess is that they have been filled with sand or similar ballast to give them weight
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline ushistoryprof

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 03:53:30 PM »
My guess is that they have been filled with sand or similar ballast to give them weight
You guys are are right on,  I use a mixture of sand and pva to give weight to the base and the frosted look is from the matt varnish spray-I like the cloudy look it gives to the clear plastic.

Offline ushistoryprof

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 03:59:19 PM »
Cool stuff!!

Those German 'Nefs are GREEEEEN!!!

Green is good, at 5000 feet up you really want to know where the end of the deck is or AHHHHHH!

If you are interested these ships, look at the entire fleets for both the Germans and the British(plus Russian AMerican and Italian squadrons) check out the link below:

http://worldhistoryprof.blogspot.com/search/label/Aeroneff

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »
Really glad you posted this 'Prof, and also that the other powers are making their way to Atlantis also. The war in the sky is certainly hotting up!

Now I just need a way to co-ordinate what happens in the air with what happens on the ground... probably should have thought of that before now  ;D

Offline ushistoryprof

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 06:10:29 PM »
Really glad you posted this 'Prof, and also that the other powers are making their way to Atlantis also. The war in the sky is certainly hotting up!

Now I just need a way to co-ordinate what happens in the air with what happens on the ground... probably should have thought of that before now  ;D
I don't know how complex you want this to be, probably not to much.  So what about just letting any that are all air battles like mine have an effect on the sphere of influence the winner has.  You could adjust this by the size of the battle and victory.  As an example, my report had the German attack repulsed but at heavy cost so the effect would be a very minor gain for the British.

My next battle was going to be a recon in force (BC, CA, 2 CL's and 2 DD's) by the Russians in anticipation to a future troop landing.  They are going to run into a force of  German's (2 CA's, 4 CL's & 3DD's-rapid response squadron & 2 DIG's -scouting squadron) who know where but not how much.  A Russian victory could allow them a better landing zone and a defeat a worse and allow German influence to increase.  Hope this helps a little.