Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:04:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690897
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Multiplayer?  (Read 5181 times)

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
Multiplayer?
« on: March 16, 2010, 07:39:54 PM »
Hi

Has anyone tried to play SA multiplayer, I haven't recieved the rules yet so don't know if it will be possible. Though after playing the demo I guess he activation process is difficut to adapt...

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
Re: Multiplayer?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 08:51:29 PM »
Working on 'Multi-Player' as we speak...had a chat with a guy at the con. I was at on the weekend who expressed a hope for 'Solo-Play'...is anyone interested in this as well? I really had no idea it was even an option until now... o_o

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 09:35:02 PM »
Working on 'Multi-Player' as we speak...had a chat with a guy at the con. I was at on the weekend who expressed a hope for 'Solo-Play'...is anyone interested in this as well? I really had no idea it was even an option until now... o_o

Solo play would be great!

Any ideas on how you are going to go for multiplay, are you interested in suggestion?

Offline Stavros Banjo

• Scientist
  • I despise normality
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 12:21:12 AM »
A 'Solo-Play' option would be a superb addition to the rules. Now most of my gaming buddies are getting older they have tended to wander off down the 'Historical wargames only' road so I struggle to find people to play with these days  :(  This annoying trend seems to be the result of marriage to sensible women, proper jobs, having babies and doing all those other strange and dull things mature adults are supposed to do. Don't get me wrong, I play plenty of historical games myself, but I'll never lose my will to be weird from time to time.

Solo rules soon, please, Uncle Mike  ;D
...and what fresh new hell is this?

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
    • http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kashindan/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 01:25:08 PM »
I guess simple multiplayer would be more than one person running a specific side..

But games that can get more people playing at the same time tend to do a lot better long term.

Become who you really are... [/i]

Offline Silverpaint68

• Student
    • Atelier du Mercenaire
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 04:12:46 PM »
Multiplayers... very good idea.

Why not add other factions : Threshold is Ok, but what about Frenchs, Germans, English, and so on ?

Each player can have a different nation (and not compulsory allies !), one of them (or more ?) can play cultists (same cult or not...).

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 04:47:32 PM »
Multiplayers... very good idea.

Why not add other factions : Threshold is Ok, but what about Frenchs, Germans, English, and so on ?

Each player can have a different nation (and not compulsory allies !), one of them (or more ?) can play cultists (same cult or not...).

That would be good idea i plan to have British Agents as Lurker's have to be world wide and some of the places in England that could be used is massive.

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 05:49:35 PM »
I also thought about a British set up, I was thinking along the lines of Special Branch, miniatures I had in mind was ether Artizan British bobbies or  Musketeers IRA miniatures.

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 08:41:49 PM »
I also thought about a British set up, I was thinking along the lines of Special Branch, miniatures I had in mind was ether Artizan British bobbies or  Musketeers IRA miniatures.

It wouldn't be SB due to the way the government worked at the time they would be a subdivision of what had just become MI5.

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 09:57:08 PM »
I read that Special Branch unit acquires and develops intelligence, usually of a political nature, and conducts investigations to protect the State from perceived threats of subversion, particularly terrorism, and other extremist activity, these got the protection duties and carried firearms
MI5 and MI6 from what I read is they were more into collecting information for security reasons, these stood in a dark door way in the pouring rain, trying to look normal.
I think Strange Aeon would come under the term extremist activity, but weather  they MI5 OR SB they would be wearing similar clothes of that time.
So ill still go with Musketeer  IRA miniatures, like the look of a agent in a Mackintosh  rain coat with a flat cap on  very British, just my two pence worth

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 09:27:19 AM »
I read that Special Branch unit acquires and develops intelligence, usually of a political nature, and conducts investigations to protect the State from perceived threats of subversion, particularly terrorism, and other extremist activity, these got the protection duties and carried firearms
MI5 and MI6 from what I read is they were more into collecting information for security reasons, these stood in a dark door way in the pouring rain, trying to look normal.
I think Strange Aeon would come under the term extremist activity, but weather  they MI5 OR SB they would be wearing similar clothes of that time.
So ill still go with Musketeer  IRA miniatures, like the look of a agent in a Mackintosh  rain coat with a flat cap on  very British, just my two pence worth

Yeah you have huge cross over's during WWI and i guess even now adays as well.

Loads of options for mini's as well i keep seeing some and going oh i like that one :D

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 12:43:24 PM »
Sounds good to me. The game is set in America, but is generic enough that anywhere in the world could make a suitable theatre. Plenty of eldritch goings-on all over the globe... ;) ;D :-X

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 01:05:46 PM »
Sounds good to me. The game is set in America, but is generic enough that anywhere in the world could make a suitable theatre. Plenty of eldritch goings-on all over the globe... ;) ;D :-X

yeah i already started here Mike :D

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=17564.0

Offline BletchleyPark

• Assistant
    • My Painting & Gaming Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 07:19:27 PM »
I think a solo mechanic would be interesting--especially if it allowed for players to team up their Threshold agents and fight a bigger menace. I know Fantasy Flight's "Arkham Horror" board game does a pretty awesome job at having the player(s) play against the board's game mechanic.

...of course, I have no idea how to do something like that in a miniatures game, mind you.

Check out my painting & gaming blog: http://imaginarywars.wordpress.com/

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 09:34:16 PM »
Special Branch was originally the "Special Irish Branch" set up to deal with Fenian terrorism in the 19th century.  MI5 and MI6 were early 20th century creations.  MI5 has always worked closely with Special Branch because it has no powers of arrest of its own, but I don't think that they have ever been amalgamated - Special Branch is part of the Police, while MI5 is a government department.
Back from the dead, almost.