Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:43:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690634
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Orc's Drift - The Grand Finale  (Read 133174 times)

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
Re: Orc's Drift - Skulldred battle report added!
« Reply #420 on: February 21, 2011, 02:17:39 AM »
I creep ever closer to finishing this project - the Severed Hand Tribe are done!

As are the Harboth's Champion and Drummer -

I may have gone a step too far in daft shield designs here...

Bonus points to anyone who can spot the link!

And finally Hagar Sheol (Eeza Ugezod actually - he's a little cheaper thanthe original scenario mini!)

And to redress the balance in shield designs I thought I'd go a bit highbrow with Hagar's!  ;)

More witterings on the blog -

http://teasgettingcold.blogspot.com/2011/02/hagar-horrible.html

Online phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #421 on: February 21, 2011, 07:14:41 AM »
Good job on finishing another tribe! Looks like you'll be finished for THIS years summer holidays. ;)

Shield on Hagar/Ugezod worked out great! All in all, a great stand in for Hagar. He's bigger, if nothing else. =) Think he could do with a touch up on the back, the sword and straps holding it look a bit semi-WIP if I may be so rude. =D

Yaskin and the drummer (Ringo McForeskin, or what were you calling him?) turned out great!
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Delaney

• Scientist
  • With great power comes great power bills.
    • Delaney King
« Reply #422 on: February 21, 2011, 11:46:24 AM »
Awesome progress... makes me feel so slack! 

Heh, and lets have another nod at that great gaming table while we are at it!
Delaney King:  Digital Artist, Sculptor, Character Artist, TransDimentional Spatula Wielder, Sandwich.
My retro mini blog:  http:www.kingsminis.blogspot.com       My own minis and games:  www.darklinggames.com

Offline Erny

• Scientist
    • Erny's Place.
« Reply #423 on: February 21, 2011, 12:18:26 PM »
Nice unit of boys, didn't realise you had so many hob hounds either. I only have 5  :'(.

Read the write up for hobhounds in 3rd ed last night, seams they are supposed to be the size of a horse..

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #424 on: February 22, 2011, 12:26:02 AM »
Yeah I never got that either Erny - maybe it should read - they can eat a horse?

The scenario says I need 10 so 10 I got! Not sure how Grashak Kra is supposed to keep control of 10 hobhounds mind!  ;D

Cheers again Dave - praise be to Amera's vacuum formed hills and Woodland scenics trees!

You got me Phreedh - wasn't happy with the rust on the blade and it was getting late so it got another ink wash - I'll probably go back and finish it off sometime...  ::)

Online phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #425 on: February 22, 2011, 09:13:11 AM »
Amera's vacuum formed hills
You happy with those? A local webstore (heh) is stocking them. I was thinking about ordering some. Hills, but also some ruins and other stuff. Dirt cheap, they are! How wobbly are they, and how well do they take paint? Yours look great, but how much grief did they give you? =)

I'll probably go back and finish it off sometime...
They all look awesome, especially in a group on the table! One blade won't make a difference. =D

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #426 on: February 22, 2011, 01:50:14 PM »
The amera stuff is great - pretty rigid too. The only thing is the large hill and mountain with cave have limited places to put minis on for gaming purposes. The smaller flat topped hill comes with an insert to strengthen it.

They took paint fine but the detail isn't particularly fine - its static grass and other bits you can stick on that really make them.

Oh and get yourself a big old brush if you're drybrushing big mountains - takes ages otherwise!  ;)

There are some good pieces in the future wars section that are good for fantasy gaming too.

Online phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #427 on: February 23, 2011, 11:41:52 AM »
The amera stuff is great - pretty rigid too. The only thing is the large hill and mountain with cave have limited places to put minis on for gaming purposes. The smaller flat topped hill comes with an insert to strengthen it.

They took paint fine but the detail isn't particularly fine - its static grass and other bits you can stick on that really make them.

Oh and get yourself a big old brush if you're drybrushing big mountains - takes ages otherwise!  ;)

There are some good pieces in the future wars section that are good for fantasy gaming too.
I'm well tempted... Too much hassle building hills and stuff! Can be spent painting minis instead.

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #428 on: March 27, 2011, 11:31:05 PM »
Sorry to resurrect this now monolithic post but I do have another update for the world of Orc's Drift in the form of last week's LPL entry!  :D

This time its the turn of the Wood Elves of Kachas Pass, led by the troubled Erdolas Thringal.

I've used Skarloc's archers and the scenario mini for Erdolas - who put up a stalwart fight against the mighty Grimm in round 2 of the LPL!

When I've painted up the 5 or so Elves needed to complete the unit I'll post more shots and close-ups...

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #429 on: March 27, 2011, 11:55:08 PM »
Excellent! I love the old Erdolas figure (an Aly Morrison sculpt) and the classic Skarloc figures (great Jes Goodwin sculpts). Looking forward to seeing more of these.  :-*
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Bloodysword

• Scientist
« Reply #430 on: March 29, 2011, 09:34:40 PM »
Really excellent!  I love the skin tone.  What colors did you use?

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #431 on: March 29, 2011, 11:25:34 PM »
Cheers fellas - I'll try and get some other shots and close-ups if I get the time.

Skin tones were Vallejo Model colour - flat flesh painted thinly over grey undercoat, which was black-inked for pre-shading. Thin highlights of a mix of flat flesh, vallejo model colour buff and white. Fiinished with a watery brown ink was (vallejo again) mixed with vallejo matt medium to take the sheen off the ink.

I quite like vallejo paints by the way!  ;D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #432 on: March 30, 2011, 12:18:40 AM »
When I've painted up the 5 or so Elves needed to complete the unit I'll post more shots and close-ups...

OH BABY!...there that about says it all. As you may have guessed I'm looking forward to the close ups...the Pointy Eared Ones look PRETTY DARNED GOOD in the group shot.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #433 on: April 04, 2011, 12:14:21 AM »
Right as promised - some more shots...

Erdolas Thringal - captain of the Wood Elf garrison at Kachas Pass.

Caught in the throes of a death wish due to the discovery of his illicit affair with the Elf Queen of Fendal Forest, Erdolas awaits a heroic end and a chance to save his tarnished family name in this backwater mountain outpost... perhaps he won't have to wait too long?  >:D

His standard bearer - took the image for the standard straight from the illustrations in the scenario book

And a few of his merry men/elves

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #434 on: May 21, 2011, 12:12:19 AM »
Some more pointy eared chaps for my long-running project - some of you may recognise these fellows as part of one of my LPL entries. I didn't have time to finish Brommedir or the standard bearer at the time but now I have thought I'd take a few more shots...

The archers are the old plastic minis from the Citadel Regiments box set of long ago - not brilliant minis but I have a kind of soft spot for them!

As they're supposed to represent the defenders of Orc's Drift I thought I'd give them a colour scheme reminiscent of the defenders of  Rourkes Drift.  :D

Brommedir

... and standard bearer