Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:32:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Orc's Drift - The Grand Finale  (Read 133246 times)

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
Re: Orc's Drift
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2010, 10:35:59 AM »
Yay! Dwarfs, I love them! Hairy little buggers!

Anywhere would take you by the way, you just need to email the show organisers asking if you can run a demo or participation game at their show!

I for one, would love to see it and stop by have a chat!  :)

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »
I remember prepping a whole load of old Guard minis for a show, a big zombie game, until someone pointed out that nice minis often go walk about in small hands at shows so I panicked and bought a bunch of plastic Catachans and painted them up in a couple of days. If no losses can be guaranteed a show would be cool to do though. Perhaps a LAF old school fest table.

People are shocking!

Offline Erny

• Scientist
    • Erny's Place.
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2010, 05:11:02 PM »
Truth be told I have no proof it happens but for someone's anecdote. I may be worried about nothing.

This is shaping up into a nice game though that I'm sure people would want to game at a show.

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2010, 05:13:45 PM »
Truth be told I have no proof it happens but for someone's anecdote. I may be worried about nothing.

This is shaping up into a nice game though that I'm sure people would want to game at a show.

I know it happens because the guy fm Conquest minis had one of his painted display figures stolen!

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2010, 06:12:49 PM »
He left them overnight though. Still bad, but it wasn't during the show times.

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2010, 06:39:27 PM »
He left them overnight though. Still bad, but it wasn't during the show times.

tRUE ENOUGH BUT ROAMING HAND ON ABIG SET UP... THAT SAID YOU'D JUST HAVE TO HAVE A BARRIER OF SOME SORT oR KEEP THE FIGURES A DISTANCE FROM THE EDGE.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2010, 06:40:19 PM »
lol

Wouldn't that just exaggerate the need to steal them?

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2010, 07:06:40 PM »
Cheers fellas!

Yep need to sort out the white edges on the buildings - thought that as I put them up in a hurry to get to bed!

Perhaps a LAF old school fest table.

That would be fun! Perhaps I need to check out what shows happen when and where...

Managed to miss out on Vapnartak (think that's how its spelt), which I learnt of too late - and I only live round the bloody corner!  >:(

... and I think I heard something about an event called Salute?  ;)

Anyways - got a load more minis to paint before all that - militia of Linden Way, horse and carts, pack ponies, Chardz's Engineers, Brommedir's Bows/Wood Elves of Kachas Pass, not to mention the other Orc Tribes...

Strangely looking forward to all this rank and file as they will nearly all be unique citadel minis - unlike the massed ranks of Ruglud's samey troopers - much as I love 'em!

Just got to find some more funds - watching the townsfolk thread with interest - can't afford £4-£5 per citadel villager on ebay since I need 10 or so!  >:(

As for these tales of thievery I think a large rusty machete hung loosely and ostentatiously on one's belt might be a suitable deterrent and suitably in keeping with the orcy nature of the game...  >:D

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2010, 07:24:18 PM »
Cheers fellas!

Yep need to sort out the white edges on the buildings - thought that as I put them up in a hurry to get to bed!

That would be fun! Perhaps I need to check out what shows happen when and where...

Managed to miss out on Vapnartak (think that's how its spelt), which I learnt of too late - and I only live round the bloody corner!  >:(

... and I think I heard something about an event called Salute?  ;)

Anyways - got a load more minis to paint before all that - militia of Linden Way, horse and carts, pack ponies, Chardz's Engineers, Brommedir's Bows/Wood Elves of Kachas Pass, not to mention the other Orc Tribes...

Strangely looking forward to all this rank and file as they will nearly all be unique citadel minis - unlike the massed ranks of Ruglud's samey troopers - much as I love 'em!

Just got to find some more funds - watching the townsfolk thread with interest - can't afford £4-£5 per citadel villager on ebay since I need 10 or so!  >:(

As for these tales of thievery I think a large rusty machete hung loosely and ostentatiously on one's belt might be a suitable deterrent and suitably in keeping with the orcy nature of the game...  >:D

Someone suggested these, but they may not quite do the job:

http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_16&products_id=589

But they are 12 for £10

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2010, 07:34:13 PM »
http://www.megaminis.com/

Trust me, just take a look, and you'll be buying!

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2010, 07:46:56 PM »
Yeah, the megaminis ones do look really good.  :)

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2010, 10:29:56 PM »
Hmmm could be worth a pop- think you may be right Mr Asbestos!

Great range of minis - not totally sold on some of the human villager's faces but I can't really be picky and it might just be the way their paint jobs have come out in the black & white photos  - anyone got any comparisons with the citadel villagers?

How many ladies of the night do you need though! ABout 1/4 of the village population appears to be employed in the oldest trade in the world!  :o

Thanks also for the tip Rob but I don't think the Westwind ones are quite what I'm after - nice price though I agree!  :D

Offline Erny

• Scientist
    • Erny's Place.
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2010, 08:38:47 AM »
http://www.megaminis.com/

Trust me, just take a look, and you'll be buying!

I've been looking at them for a while myself, just haven't got round to it yet. I believe the originals are even older than the minis in this thread...

Still just as good as the Orcs drift era villagers not quite as nice as the later villagers and townsfolk by citadel and marauder but the price is nice.

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2010, 08:54:58 AM »
Great range of minis - not totally sold on some of the human villager's faces but I can't really be picky and it might just be the way their paint jobs have come out in the black & white photos  - anyone got any comparisons with the citadel villagers?
I ordered some Mega Minis recently... they are an absolute joy to deal with. Good communications, VERY low shipping prices and EXTREMELY quick dispatch. I think I had my minis the week after I ordered them, but only paid $3 for shipping from the US to Sweden.

Quality and size of the miniatures differ though. I can post a comparison of scale. None of the minis are painted yet.
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2010, 09:16:10 PM »
That would be great if you could Phreedh - definitely tempted although spent up at the mo...  :'(