Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:14:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690897
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Orc's Drift - The Grand Finale  (Read 133249 times)

Offline Luckyjoe

• Scientist
Re: Orc's Drift - Skulldred battle report added!
« Reply #300 on: September 07, 2010, 12:31:04 AM »
Good save with Helga. BTW, does she have a sister?  ;D

Luckyjoe

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #301 on: September 07, 2010, 07:14:56 AM »
* Fancia Bitte *

In Franglais that means something a bit rude!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #302 on: September 07, 2010, 07:49:51 AM »
I love to see someone actually stick to a project like this - something my butterfly mind has a hard time doing.

I don't remember if (and I don't have the time/patience to look it up, sorry) you have mentioned what make your paper buildings are?

I have come to the conclusion, that after buying a 1:1 house in real bricks, I cannot afford to bring appropriate numbers of resin and/or plastic buildings onto my gaming tables for quite a while, and so I've started building more paper buildings (atm I'm doing a series of Dave Graffam 'warhammeresque' buildings that came free on the web, couple of years ago) - so I'm always on the lookout for variations....
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Erny

• Scientist
    • Erny's Place.
« Reply #303 on: September 07, 2010, 08:56:16 AM »
I need the Siege book for 3rd.

I have a spare for a price, PM me if your interested, I also have three mighty fortresses but they ain't for sale or swap (unless you have the original kemmler and minions.....)

I have the full collection of third edition books including the two realms books and the RPG books (am missing empire in flames actually), most of them I got first time round too when I first got drawn into this nonsense. The main rule book is cheep as chips but the others can get pricey.

Nice Orcs Thants, I'm a bit jealous of the hobhounds, I need some for my hobgoblins.
I have a growing collection of villagers but assume it must be you pushing the price up......

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #304 on: September 07, 2010, 12:50:38 PM »

I have come to the conclusion, that after buying a 1:1 house in real bricks, I cannot afford to bring appropriate numbers of resin and/or plastic buildings onto my gaming tables for quite a while, and so I've started building more paper buildings (atm I'm doing a series of Dave Graffam 'warhammeresque' buildings that came free on the web, couple of years ago) - so I'm always on the lookout for variations....

An't that the truth!

They card models are the old citadel packs, but I have a feeling you might be able to get scans from some where...

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #305 on: September 07, 2010, 03:38:12 PM »
Nice set of villagers, Steve! =) Especially like old Aulden! If I should give you some critique, the landlord's shirt is a bit flat and would do well with some contrast. The black lines on his pants could use another go at them too.

Nitpicking though - they all look good, and considering at what rate you're ripping through these they look bloody marvelous!

Helga might be big, but she's defenitely not TOO big. I wouldn't want to mess with her, that's for sure. What range is she from?
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #306 on: September 07, 2010, 10:21:55 PM »
 lol Cheers for the comments fellas!

Hmmm, I think I have spied an unclear pronoun antecedent!

My money is on the monkey.
I mean... come on... just check out that dapper red hat.

Haha - what a shocker! And afterall I did say it was complicated - as you say that monkey has style and all the girls love a fez!

Good save with Helga. BTW, does she have a sister?

Funny you should ask that Joe - there was a very similar mini in a slightly different pose being sold by the same ebay seller (don't know the manufacturer I'm afraid Phreedh) - Helga was enough woman for me though!

* Fancia Bitte *

In Franglais that means something a bit rude!

Ooh do tell as I only intended it to sound like a suggestive English request to get better acquainted with a member of the opposite sex!  ;D

Nice Orcs Thants, I'm a bit jealous of the hobhounds, I need some for my hobgoblins.
I have a growing collection of villagers but assume it must be you pushing the price up......

Yeah I was amazed I found enough for the scenario but they do come up from time to time on ebay - search for hound and trawl through all the results for a bargain!

I think the villagers bubble is about to burst - I'm moving on but wouldn't want to affect the markets by saying onto what!  ;) lol

Thanks fpr the crit Phreedh - I agree but couldn't face painting the inside of the creases of his jacket white for contrast - have to ask WhiteKnight for some tips! As for the blacklines on his pants - not surprised they need another go as no black was used - too scared of fudging the stripes! Its all just base colour with highlights and a light ink wash which I think muddied them up a bit...   >:( Although I was actually going for the grimy, faded look of course!  ;)

Oh and thanks Argonor - I was getting worried that I was boring the pants off everyone by harping on about Orc's Drift all the time! Pm me and I can sort you out with some card buildings.  :D

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #307 on: September 07, 2010, 10:28:37 PM »
Ooh do tell as I only intended it to sound like a suggestive English request to get better acquainted with a member of the opposite sex!  ;D

Bite = c**k

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #308 on: September 07, 2010, 10:54:19 PM »
 lol

Oops! Well I suppose her surname fits then - if you read it in German!  ;D

Offline Erny

• Scientist
    • Erny's Place.
« Reply #309 on: September 08, 2010, 08:33:11 AM »

Yeah I was amazed I found enough for the scenario but they do come up from time to time on ebay - search for hound and trawl through all the results for a bargain!

I think the villagers bubble is about to burst - I'm moving on but wouldn't want to affect the markets by saying onto what!  ;) lol

Yep I found the odd one or two just by my usual citadel trawl before but it was whilst you were buying  and I see no point pushing prices up when there are other fish to fry. Still if your done now I may consider an open season on them again.

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #310 on: September 08, 2010, 11:07:15 PM »
Yoo haloo and tally ho I say!  :D

Thanks for the thought by the way!

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #311 on: September 13, 2010, 12:18:01 AM »
OK - back on the wagon! Here's the rest of the inhabitants of Linden Way...

Grunville Longpockets and his wife Gladyss, who run the village stores - make sure you check your change!

Wilfrid Post and his stable "boy" Thori Dittori - they own and run The Winning Post - Stables and Livery.
Wilfrid was once a very successful race horse trainer until his horse, Eatbiscuit, became overweight! He now tries to persuade Thori that he would make an excellent jockey if they could just find the right horse for him...

Tom the Baker - delivering the daily bread with some very strange ideas about Time and its relative dimensions in Space. That mullet/sideburn/moustache combination will never catch on though!  ;)

And finally Old Barrachus the insane Illusionist - he grew so disillusioned in life that he retreated into a fantasy world of his own making. He now squats in the ruined cottage just outside the village getting to know the multiple personalities his chronic schizophrenia subject him to - disturb him at your peril as depending on the roll of a D6 he may suffer from anything from frenzy to stupidity!

So all in all not a bad little place - shame the Orcs are going to come and trash it...  >:D lol

http://teasgettingcold.blogspot.com/2010/09/linden-life.html

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #312 on: September 13, 2010, 08:38:57 AM »
Nice work on Aygar/Barrachus! Also like the checkered pants of the baker, and the baker as a whole. Face turned out really well on him!

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #313 on: September 13, 2010, 09:20:48 PM »
Thanks Phreedh - they were looking a bit of a dull lot after the pub crowd so thought I'd best do something to spice them up!

Must now resist the urge to paint up the few Mighty Sven minis I've got...

Offline Delaney

• Scientist
  • With great power comes great power bills.
    • Delaney King
« Reply #314 on: September 14, 2010, 03:54:49 AM »
Awesome- love the checks too!

Now, go have tea.
Delaney King:  Digital Artist, Sculptor, Character Artist, TransDimentional Spatula Wielder, Sandwich.
My retro mini blog:  http:www.kingsminis.blogspot.com       My own minis and games:  www.darklinggames.com