Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:07:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690879
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Advice needed: substitute for starship troopers LAMI minis  (Read 7065 times)

Offline achab

• Scientist
Re: Advice needed: substitute for starship troopers LAMI minis
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 05:38:34 PM »
For movie-style MI, I'd prefer the 1st Corps stuff, which are somewhere between 25s and 28s, leaning towards the latter.

Thanks for the info
Well, since 1st corps are not expensive, i'll order a few and see how they fit against my bugs

A.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 07:07:10 PM »
If Lowtardog is referring to the Woodbine Scifi figures, I bought two odd packs at Vapnartak, but those were the only ones present - on the other hand, that side of the rack was actually pretty empty by 2pm, so they might have brought the whole lineup, but sold out comparatively quickly.

All said, I'm not quite sure if they work that well as movie-style Mobile Infantry. IMHO, they are almost spot on for Aliens (see my current LPL entry "Marines vs. Monsters" and the respective post in my AVP thread). For movie-style MI, I'd prefer the 1st Corps stuff, which are somewhere between 25s and 28s, leaning towards the latter.

Ah! That's where I've seen them recently! Yes, I did vote for them  ;)

I agree, they are better as "Aliens" troopers. Lovely figures, anyway.

Thanks, hopefully they will have some at Triples - I'll get to them before the main crowds get in so if they have them I'm in with a chance :D

Offline achab

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 11:48:12 PM »
I just received my minis from 1st corps. Good minis and fast service. They make almost perfect LAMI proxies, thanks to everyone !

A.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 12:03:13 AM »
I just received my minis from 1st corps. Good minis and fast service. They make almost perfect LAMI proxies, thanks to everyone !

A.

Citizen, be informed that the Federation now expects you to do your part and paint them up ASAP for service (i.e. pictorial publication) on the LAF! ;)

Offline gothique

• Student
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 12:18:01 AM »
I realise I'm a bit late to this thread. The best match I've seen for ST troopers are the GZG Free Cal Tex troopers available in 25mm, 15mm and 6mm. GZG also do some great Arachnids in all three scales. www.gzg.net

Offline SMPress

• Assistant
    • Sgt Major Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 01:39:44 AM »
I am also late to the show here.  I will be releasing some figures next month that will be Alliance troopers frm the Firefly TV show in 28mm.  They bought the starship trooper uniforms for the TV show, so the figures should be pretty close.  They are being sculpted now, the crew is already at the mold maker, and the Reavers greens are done and on their way to me from the UK.  There will only be 10 poses for the Alliance Troops, but you may be able to mix them in...

Bydand!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 03:05:13 AM »
I am also late to the show here.  I will be releasing some figures next month that will be Alliance troopers frm the Firefly TV show in 28mm.  They bought the starship trooper uniforms for the TV show, so the figures should be pretty close.  They are being sculpted now, the crew is already at the mold maker, and the Reavers greens are done and on their way to me from the UK.  There will only be 10 poses for the Alliance Troops, but you may be able to mix them in...

Wow, this need a topic! Next month you say?  :-*

Offline SMPress

• Assistant
    • Sgt Major Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 03:15:40 AM »
That is the plan, we will see how things progress.  The 9 crewmembers are already being made into a mold; I should be able to start casting them by the end of this month.  The Reavers are currently in the mail to me, they still need to go to the mold maker, and then the molds back to me for casting.  The Alliance troops are still being done by the sculptor, but should be ready to send to me very soon.  I will certainly be working to get them out as soon as I can...  The crew is 9 figs, sold individually, or in a pack of 9, the reavers and alliance troops will be in blisters of 5 each, 10 individual sculpts of each of those two lines for starters.  If people want them, I am willing to do more, just need to re-coup a bit of money before commissioning more; paying for 29 figures to be sculpted isn’t cheap.

I plan to have a new thread once they are ready for sale, but am new here, and didn’t want to overstep my welcome so early on…

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 04:52:04 AM »
How about some pitures :)
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline SMPress

• Assistant
    • Sgt Major Miniatures
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
I dont have any pictures of the allaince troops, they are still being sculpted.  I have a few random photos of greens still on my desktop, so I will show you those.  For those that follow his posts here, you will note that these were sculpted for meby Whiffwaff.

a reaver:

Zoe:

Jayne with Veera, the final has a bit of facial hair added:

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »
I read this last night in the early hours of the morning after getting back from a festival, and had to check this morning to make sure I hadn't imagined it! Reavers and Alliance and Serenity Oh My!