Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:33:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Escape...Into Danger Victory or not...???  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Wasp

• Assistant
Escape...Into Danger Victory or not...???
« on: March 20, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »
Hi,

now we have played some games and it makes fun *gg*

At last we have played "Escape...Into Danger" and the result are:

One Agent left the table on the lurkerīs short edge
One Agent and the Charakter out of the game by major injuryīs (but back for the next game with some heroic scars  8) )

On the lukers side one Mummy and one Zombie left on the board.

Can the Thershold player (the single Agent who make at over the short edge) search for map pieces and can he become a new skill!?

We let him search and give him a skill but itīs correct!?

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
    • http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kashindan/index.php?act=idx
Re: Escape...Into Danger Victory or not...???
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 04:03:14 PM »
Why not it's your game most companies make rules that are there to bent and shaped to suit the way you and your friends want to play.

Though no doubt a rules lawyer will come along and slap me for being free thinking in a moment  :D
Become who you really are... [/i]

Offline Wasp

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 04:48:44 PM »
@Lupus

Yes thatīs right but to modify the game I have to understand the rules.

The Thershold player may only search for map pieces and get skills if he win the mission.

The rules for the mission says the game ends when there are no more models of one side on the table. I think thatīs only the "time" component for the Thershold player to leave the table and canīt be used to determine who is the winner!?

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 09:24:05 PM »
There's only two ways for Threshold to win the scenario: either all Threshold models must leave the table from the Lurker edge, or all Lurkers must be removed from the table.  Thus if any Threshold models are removed due to injury, it's impossible to achieve the first victory condition; no skill or map pieces are awarded unless you can wipe out all the Lurkers before they get you.  It's extremely tough to get everyone across the board in once piece, but that's why there's such a bonus to the map piece search roll if you do make it.  Definitely the most high-risk/high-reward scenario among the basic set!  We should probably specify that it's all Threshold models in the game end conditions for the next printing though, to make it more clear.

In terms of house rules: that's something I know Mike always encourages.  You've bought the rules, and it's your game now.  Anything you and your friends agree to do, go for it!  And by all means let us know how it works, as we're very much open to ideas from players.

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 09:37:48 PM »
Once you (Threshold) move off the table via the Lurker board edge (all remaining models...so, if you loose guys you can still win by exiting the board with whoever is left alive) you win. Your after game assumptions are also correct. the model would gain a Skill and be able to search for Map Pieces (on a 5 or 6!)

...but again, always feel free to 'play-as-you-like'... :)

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 09:53:15 PM »
Once again we establish why I don't answer rules questions frequently: despite having stared at them for hours on end, I have no idea what I'm talking about  ;D

Offline Wasp

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 07:53:47 PM »
Oh, yes both answers from you are very good. One for the expertīs and one for the beginner :)

But itīs good to know that we do it intuitive correct.

We use some house rules, but I think they change the game to radically for real Fans ;( . Befor Strange Aeons we only play War Games like "Flames of War" and so we change some game structures to fit it for our style of play.

And, we play it now (2010), not at the 1920. But only why my fist miniaturs where the characterīs from "Last night on Earth" nice minis. I wait for some weapon sprues, so I can do some changes to my minis, then and when I have already paint my Delta Green Team I post some Pictures.

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
    • http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kashindan/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 09:21:26 PM »
Once again we establish why I don't answer rules questions frequently: despite having stared at them for hours on end, I have no idea what I'm talking about  ;D

It's okay i once wrote a set of rules that i ahd published and the guys at my local club are always pointing out when i get it wrong :D

But i always feel that people will tweak any game to suit what small element that think just need's to be added to suit there own game style.